Pirate Camp Winter Season '23-24

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Scott... a quote I nabbed...

"It's Vodka o'clock...because it's Russia somewhere."

LaPosa North and La Posa West get crowded with the people who come in to work or look obtain the temp jobs at the RV show and the Kuehn temporary tent sales area. The proximity equals the ability to walk or bicycle to work.

The prettiest area in the La Posa LTVAs is over along the mountains at Tyson Wah and La Posa West. That area of the LTVAs also has the best cell signals for Verizon as there is a tower up on that mountain area. There are some areas over there big enough for Pirate Camp but you have to get them claimed with people in them by late October. The roads into that area are very wide and in pretty good shape. Once that new dump and fill is open it will become even more popular of an area.

“Finally solved the problem I was having with my bad knee when getting into the van.”

What’s up at Pirate Camp? I noticed there was a nearly new motorhome parked there earlier today and when I looked out the window just now two fire dept vehicles and an aid car just left from next to that RV. At least they did not depart with sirens on.

The random RV pulled in followed quickly by the local rescue squad x2 and eventually an ambulance

The lone male occupant exited the RV and then laid on the gurney for transport.....that is all..............

HMMMMM............................time to pillage the abandoned vessel ?.....Salvage rights ?

Ah ha, the scoundrels …those other vessels were most likely previously captured ships with pirate crews who absconded with the captain of that handsome new vessel with the intention hold him for ransom! How dare they pull such a maneuver in Pirate Captain Abnorm’s very own harbor!

But of course I am glad that there is emergency medical service at the La Posa LTVAs. Even if it will cost a king’s ransom to get him released from where they took him.

Last edited:
....and so ends another story in... Tales Of Pirate Camp... stay tuned for more exciting adventures... Same Pirate Time, Same Pirate Channel......

I could'a used a safety manager today........working on a CDH I hit my head on the door bottom.........STARS #@$%^
...............Paulette insists I wear a Helmet............Debbie suggested Bubble-wrap

NOW I've got a real hole-in-my-head......the Diesel Heater survived and RE-started just fine.......
After a new Fuel filter and new hoses/clamps (using my heater parts)...............and "filter" that dirty-diesel ! It was so dirty the fuel wouldn't flow to the pump........and everything reeked-of-leaked-diesel

This job was a RE-DO...........someone just "fixed" the problem two days ago but it still didn't work ?

I could'a used a safety manager today........working on a CDH I hit my head on the door bottom.........STARS #@$%^
...............Paulette insists I wear a Helmet............Debbie suggested Bubble-wrap

NOW I've got a real hole-in-my-head......the Diesel Heater survived and RE-started just fine.......
After a new Fuel filter and new hoses/clamps (using my heater parts)...............and "filter" that dirty-diesel ! It was so dirty the fuel wouldn't flow to the pump........and everything reeked-of-leaked-diesel

This job was a RE-DO...........someone just "fixed" the problem two days ago but it still didn't work ?
Use a Paper coffee filter cone inside a funnel when filling the tank. Also add some Isopropyl fuel additive to control water in the diesel fuel. Those two things have been essential for me. I add the isopropyl alcohol fuel treatment to every gallon. It does not take a lot per gallon. The truck stop and gas stations usually sell it. Helps in the cold temperatures too. Of course you would not need a diesel heater in warm weather except for the advice is to run them at least once a month to keep the material that is part of the fuel pump device lubricated so that it does not harden which would restricted free movement of the bellows for effective pumping effort.

I can’t do anything about your hitting your head against hard objects. That is not preventable or fixable without retraining and that is impossible at your age. It is a hopeless situation. You will continue to have a hard knock life 🤣

Last edited:
Coyotes are howling near Pirate camp tonight. The first ones I have heard this season!

Sunshine and only moderate wind coming our way 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.