Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Electric Light Orchestra channel on YouTube did a stream of their Christmas Music yesterday evening without any commercial interruptions. It was just right for mood music to listen to while packaging up my Etsy store Christmas Village kits.

This evening’s entertainment is happy hour around the fire pit with the neighbors!

Two in town, yes? On on Main and one on 95n on the right...

preferences? feedback?
Palm Plaza Laundromat is open year round. It's pretty much the same as the others. Small, clean, decent amount of machines and opens early enough I could get in and out before the crowd got there. 225 N Central Blvd.

Is there going to be a Pirate Christmas dinner? On Christmas Eve we'll be checking out the chili at the food bank dinner as far as I know.

E40C682F-C297-4EB8-AC52-3715315873A1.jpeg

Maybe there will be some of them left in the stores at the discount tent stores. They do have a VERY LONG shelf life, rumored to be years past the pull date.

I do know one of the former CEOs of Hostess ;) But he was not around when the recipes were created.

The only Christmas food that has a longer shelf life than a Ho Ho would be a fruitcake.

Maybe so but fruitcake actually has real ingredients and alcohol instead of alien chemicals. I always think of Truman Capote's Christmas fondly this time of year.

I ate Twinkie’s when I was a kid and survived the experience intact with no Ill effects. But the canned spinach with vinegar on it they served at the school cafeteria was definetly toxic waste material.

Hi! I’ve been very busy lately and forgot there was such a thing as Internet forums. My little home is no longer my home, it’s my bakery. My CLAM is now m home, complete with chandelier, bed, table, two chairs, nightstand, etc. I’d like to meet the folks I’ve talked to here on the forum that are in Q for the season. Doug, text me when there’s a good campfire happening, k?

Hi! I’ve been very busy lately and forgot there was such a thing as Internet forums. My little home is no longer my home, it’s my bakery. My CLAM is now m home, complete with chandelier, bed, table, two chairs, nightstand, etc. I’d like to meet the folks I’ve talked to here on the forum that are in Q for the season. Doug, text me when there’s a good campfire happening, k?
You just missed one! But I think we could arrange one just for you. The weather is close to perfect, and I think you should come on down!

Back to work......................Ann's "experienced" truck camper has been a focus lately

The Battery started losing power............Time to investigate

Ann battery box.jpg

The Battery, Wires and Solar Charge Controller are all crammed in a small compartment

Ann mlted SCC.jpg

After emptying the compartment.........OUCH!........we find the SCC is MELTED at the Solar inputs ! Something has to change.

Ann battery new box.jpg

Since we can't relocate the "wiring"........We relocate the Battery and the box becomes a junction box with bus bars and new cables and Fuse to the remote battery...............

I searched for a suitable indoor location.........but Ann is quite the storage-nut....But her friend Andrea spotted a location !!.....

Ann battery relocated.jpg

OUTSIDE..............Under the truck camper........the Pressure Treated Wood Mount partially resting on the Bumper..............Bolted securely to the Camper.....The New HOME for the heavy AGM battery......... All working and providing POWER !

On to the NEXT problem.............Arrrrggggh !

So what was the cause of the meltdown of the solar charge controller? Curious minds want to know? Lol!!!

So what was the cause of the meltdown of the solar charge controller? Curious minds want to know? Lol!!!

When I went over to "supervise" ( ahem cough) it was noted that the wires coming into said evil device were able to be pulled out with a very gentle tug.... resistance may be futile, but the heat it generates can have an effect, eh?

Hopefully those compartment vents get insect screening on them. I have a roll of no serum fiberglass screen if you need a piece. Will be happy To donate enough for that purpose if you do desire. Abnorm you can text me if you need it. I will be going into wartzsite to mail most days this week including this afternoon.

When I went over to "supervise" ( ahem cough) it was noted that the wires coming into said evil device were able to be pulled out with a very gentle tug.... resistance may be futile, but the heat it generates can have an effect, eh?
Abnorm will solve that loose wire issue with his trusty ferrule crimping sidearm pistol. His Pirate ship is well armed with weapons and ammunition of many types.

I was honored that he lent me that particular weapon for my own controller wiring upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.