Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there was a Facebook notice for an impromptu campfire at the Lit Cactus last night. You get a bunch of well Lit folks who under the influences of lets party time and they are not going to be good little campers who put out their campfire and go to bed when they are supposed to.

Last edited:
There was another Sunday party at La Posa South to celebrate Jamie Dimon and his bus finally making it to Quartzsite. That was also announced on Facebook but it was scheduled for 12 on Sunday afternoon.

Will there be there be a Van Aide event as well as a Van Aid event this year? Guess we will have to wait and see. Nice for people to have even more options to get and give help.

Its looking a lot like Christmas…is going to be much warmer and sunny ☀️ For the potluck. A return to a more typical weather pattern of 70’s high temps for this area and hopefully it will stay that way on thru January.

I like using the microwave for cooking bacon. No pan full of grease to deal with afterwards. But I have no microwave or even a regular oven so I will not be making any bacon wrapped, fruitcake, cupcakes for desert for the potluck. But I will think of something to bring.

Last edited:
I am bringing a side dish that works nicely as a winter time compliment to pork. Caramelized apples with BACON.

Last edited:
Did anyone else hear the music party last night? went on for a bit .. after 10 even... sounded like drinking was involved... ;) died off and/or I fell asleep any way.
I couldn’t help but notice that it started at 10pm! I guess some people can’t tell time. Thank you all for the ice cream social Birthday party.

I think Brian is making scalloped potatoes for Xmas dinner, I’m making a Waldorf salad without the grapes, maybe more. Not sure of others yet.

it started at 10pm!
I thought that was a bit odd myself... I listen to audio books going to sleep, so I was able to have enough other sound to drown it out enough not to bother...

I suppose it is possible some people are not aware of curfew times when camping around others..

Pirate camp is smack in the middle of what would be the downtown area of a city. Busy, crowded, lots of noise and too much traffic.

Dome Rock has always looked crowded when I have driven by it. A lot of forum groups choose to meet there. I know the fiberglass trailer rally meets there but so far I have just been too lazy to load up and move over there for the egg camper meetup. My fiberglass trailer is shaped a lot more like a foam takeout food box than an egg.

Neither?.......

Campfire snacks are all ready to go.......Maybe 40 portions of Bacon/Cheese/PepperPoppers and about 60 of Cherry Cheesecake and Apple Pie sweet treats to "Bake"

Quartzsite "Locals" Kitty and Dan are coming to camp with a small Turkey so "Save the Cranberry!"

Sorry if I provided a bit of noise last night. My five grandkids and little dog were cooped up in their dads truck for three days driving here. Son Paul helped me fix a wiring issue... yay... I have trailer brakes again. Enjoy Christmas everyone! I’ll be playing my grandpa role for a few days. I sort of gloated the fact I was happy I’ll have full hookups a few days to my friends/ family back home so I can use my air if needed. You know... to the folks experiencing -50 windchill temps.
Back to wiring issue... my truck was initially used to pull a fifth wheel. The connector on the truck was in the box... I decided to have a connector to the bumper pull hitch put on professionally as I would be driving DOT hauling as a commercial carrier. Let’s just say, what I found would have never happened had I just brought it to pirate camp. Haha!
I’ll be back bringing our favorite shuttle bus driver back to welcome the new year in a week. Meanwhile this grandpa will be busy! Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy the meal and good company... it’s said Captain Doug can fix about anything. Last year I watched him put a seat in an alien space ship, upgrade sleeping quarters for fellow pirates, upgrade electric service to include refrigeration in rigs... but he really shines at making sure his crew is well fed on occasions and spirits are always high in pirate camp! I’ll be back... Aye aye captain! Hopefully I won’t have to walk the plank for firing up my truck so early this morning. Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.