Phoenix?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw lots of campers off Vulture Mine Road near Wickenburg on Sunday when I passed through. Not sure what type of land it is but either BLM or State Trust Land I would think.

I live in Phoenix. What is your purpose here? Perhaps I can guide you.

Many rumors, however, are swirling about the governor imposing a statewide curfew soon. It might be best to actually stay out of the metro area except for your target purpose until this gets better.

bullfrog said:
I saw lots of campers off Vulture Mine Road near Wickenburg on Sunday when I passed through. Not sure what type of land it is but either BLM or State Trust Land I would think.

This is state trust land so get a permit if you plan to camp there. It's the only place that I've heard of anyone coming and checking for permits. https://land.az.gov/applications-permits/recreation

Pleasant Travels said:
I live in Phoenix. What is your purpose here? Perhaps I can guide you.

Many rumors, however, are swirling about the governor imposing a statewide curfew soon. It might be best to actually stay out of the metro area except for your target purpose until this gets better.

That would be my plan - boondock or cheap camping within about 30 miles. Not urban camping. Among other reasons for avoiding urban camping is that I need to run a generator to charge up my house batteries to run my fridge. Can't see doing that at a Cracker Barrel.

I have a big Amazon package coming in about 2 weeks, and don't want to be in Q for that long, so I'm having it delivered to a box in Phoenix.

You might consider the Bloody Basin turn off on I-17 north of Phoenix. Taking it west towards Cleator and Crown King, there are plenty of open spots to boondock. You are well outside of Phoenix, yet close enough to boogie into town within 30 minutes. Also, you're not far from the I-17 egress route northward if things deteriorate and you decide to flee the urban masses. Alternatively, if you go slow and careful, your van may well make the road all the way up to Crown King, if you so desire, which is also the backdoor route into Prescott.