Party on the Bayou!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost There

Reaction score
Diane (Dragonflyinthesky) is having a birthday next week.

She says she's turning 39 but all of us who know and love her know that she tends to get carried away at times.... :D :D such an active imagination!   :angel:

Anyways, we're having a birthday party for her next Friday (December 16) at 3 PM at our new campsite down by the river.

I'll be doing appetizers and cake etc but anyone else is welcome to bring something to add to the food.

Bring your own chair, beer and drinks. (I'll have SOME wine).

There's lots of room for parking here if you're just coming for the afternoon, some space for those wishing to stay overnight in case you want to party later with our little birthday princess. Also, currently there's other single/double campsites available within walking distance.

Directions: go past the Flying J at Exit 1 heading towards California. Just past the Truck Wash is the River Access Road, hang a left there (south). Follow road until you come to the gas compression station (maybe a 1/4 mile). There's a road on your right that looks like it is private property. It is NOT. It runs between two farm fields and the farmer has hay stacked on the road but it is the access road to the river. Go between the farm fields until you get to the Colorado and turn left. We're on the left hand side, less than a 1/2 mile down the road. If you hit the end of the road, you've gone too far. Diane will have her orange flag out at the edge of the road at our campsite. Co-ordinates according to my phone are 33.58655548, 114.54063087. If lost or confused, text 315 408 1797 and we'll rescue you

Best wishes, hugs and kisses are all she needs!

If you could reply here and let me know if you're coming, it would be most appreciated. I hate eating leftovers for weeks almost as much as I hate running short of food!

Beth

I sooooo wish I could be there.

I can't make it either, but happy B-Day Diane. have one or two for me. highdesertranger

Regrets, we are having way too much fun sitting at home in a blizzard.

Happy Birthday to Dianne!

Party in a van down by the river????????????
I AM there!

Just not physically................

Happy Birthday Dragonfly !!!!!!!

That might be about the time we're headed through the area - I'll try to keep you posted!

Just bumping this back to the first page so it doesn't get lost in the mail!!   :D

Everyone is welcome - you don't need to know our Birthday Girl to show up!

Diane likes chocolate btw.... :D

I wish I could be there, but I am not headed that way until closer to the RTR. It certainly sounds like a fun time. Happy Birthday Diane!

Caryn

Happy birthday Diane. I'll think of you guys celebrating. Are you camped where you were last year.? Room for 4 to 6 rigs? Room for neighbors up and down the road. I'll picture you around a campfire enjoying the Arizona evening air.

I'm a thousand miles away though. Still in wet chilly Oregon. Closer every day to leaving.

Happy Birthday Diane!  What a coincidence as I turn 39 on the 16th too!  Well, I turn *something* on the 16th. :angel:   Wish I could be there, but it won't be till after the 1st that I can escape the cold.

Happy Birthday to you both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunny, I thought you were in the Ehrenberg area. If you are, come to the party. You will find that I m absolutely adorable. Dog will be kept tied so your cats are safe. Last year she was fine, then a cat attacked her and now she is predatory.

This may show up twice, I hit send and it went into cyberspace and never showed up (yet).

Diane I would literally give a thousand dollars to be there rather than here. I have been waiting 6 months for an appt to see the ENT doc to find out why my ears continue to drain and clog rendering me damn near deaf for awhile. While I was in N Dakota I received a letter at my vacant apartment informing me of my appt for Wednesday.

If there is a liquor store in Ehrenberg let me know, I will buy a nice bottle of wine or two if someone can pick them up. I am serious, let me know.

I found a tent for my cat, supposed to be tear resistant so all 7.5 pounds of her is safe.

Happy Birthday to you both, Be Safe, Rob.......pm me about the wine.

I did not realize Dragonfly in the sky's comment was sarcasm, went over my pointy little head. The issue with cats and dogs was settled ( I thought ) after Bob Wells interceded.

Let me break it down in a non-threatening way. I have a spray consisting industrial grade Muriatic acid 32%(Hydracholic acid) mixed with distilled water in a garden sprayer. Has a range of 30 ft. Does not stop a dog, it kills it. No ifs, ands or buts. And stops an attack in its tracks.

I had thought this was a done deal until I was informed you were being sarcastic and mildly threatening. Mine Is not a threat. Rob