OREGON '23...............Postcards from the Road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still early in the fall season. Even La Posa South does not get as many in the early fall as the normal 4 bins they have during the busy seaon momths. The companies that service the dumpsters charge the same empty as full when they do a pickup run so more dumpsters would be a waste of funding.

Is the water turned on at La Posa South?

It is still early in the fall season. Even La Posa South does not get as many in the early fall as the normal 4 bins they have during the busy seaon momths. The companies that service the dumpsters charge the same empty as full when they do a pickup run so more dumpsters would be a waste of funding.

Is the water turned on at La Posa South?

From the looks of the setups, they are only set up for one bin (railing only on one side and shorter than the South rails).

Yes, the water is on at South.

So I did a bit more exploring and found that La Posa South has a pavilion and horseshoe pits. They are across the road from each other with a double vault toilet on the horseshoe side.

IMG_20231011_085853597_HDR.jpgIMG_20231011_085732052.jpg

The pavilion area is a good place to set up a chair on hot or rainy days. The overhead roof shelters you if you get a bit stir crazy some of those days and want to get away from camp but not all the way to town. There are vault toilets nearby.

That has been there. Things you find when you get out more. Haha!
It’s easier to see I suppose when there are far less campers in the area.
Yeah...I didn't do much exploring in the LTVAs last year, kind of had other things on my mind as I am sure you will remember.

I happened to spot the pavilion from the main road on my way to the Blueboy dump area. Decided to check it out.

You could always try to find the magic rock circle in the Magic Circle 🤪

We were at the HOWA storage unit yesterday................HOWA was prepared to give 20 Bluetti power stations away

They have only 7 qualified applicants !

We were at the HOWA storage unit yesterday................HOWA was prepared to give 20 Bluetti power stations away

They have only 7 qualified

I understand why HOWA does it that way and it is not a criticism of HOWA for needing to set the giveaway up like it did. Just saying that there is more than one reason why there were so few qualified applicants one of them being “size matters” when the dwelling space a low income individual can afford for their nomadic travels is realistically too small in size to accommodate the size of the objects that are being given away.

HOWA will figure it out and adjust what people can make work and perhaps next time have a choice in the size of the unit options and pickup locations. Such as giving them away at the RTR in Quartzsite in January versus going to Pahrump in October. People come from all over the country to go to the RTR but not so much wanting to go to Pahrump NV in October. Fuel cost matters a lot to low income individuals and Pahrump is out of the way by hundreds of miles for people coming from Eastern areas who want/need to go to the seminars at the RTR and spend the winter in Southern AZ.

Last edited:
Pahrump NV in October...............................
The epicenter of all things Nomad......it's 90 days 'til the RTR......the CARAVAN is here.....only one at the moment

Lots of demand this year for help from seasoned nomads and Newbies alike......"Home Depot is the place to be"

saying something here has prompted some qualified folks!
Yeah.....TOO Late...the deal is over....the Bluetti in the box was just a tad over ONE cubic foot.....HEAVY

I mentioned the giveaway on Nomadity and Van Aid fb sites.... The units being given away are not that big a 20" square??? plus panels...

In order to qualify for these give-aways, one must "drop trou" and show all... showing that info and completing the complete process is a real challenge for many, for a variety of reasons.

There is something happening at the RTR and I think they have another Give Away sometime after that, which will be more in-season.

I will also report that, so far, Quiet Times is, indeed, still closed. However, as was reported in a thread on the Mail forum there is a new mail service in Quartzsite called Moon Mountain Mail.

I haven't been there yet but the prices on their website seem pretty reasonable.

Moon Mountain Mail and Packages

Speaking of the Mailbox.......They are a dangerous thing after being mobile six months

This week we've (Paulette) received over 50 skeins of YARN........."They were on Sale and sooooo beautiful....."

(Happy Wife............)

And she already has 7 blankets in-the-van completed for the disabled campers at "BoggieCreekCamp"

She's also got a great FREE pile for Nomads.....ASK.....there's no more storage room.......She's a crochet machine !

I've been working lately as hired help for a seasoned nomad expanding his home-built trailer..........DoNotThink

In the BlazinSun........'Oil & Water'......Cut Man and Go'Fer.........This weekend "PoorManFiberglass"

Film at Eleven.......................Arrrrrrggggh

Last edited:
Oooohhhhh. I can't wait to talk to Paulette. We obviously share a great love of yarn. My plan is to be totally moved into the park in Q by November 1.

Hi Paula.............Which park ?....................we arrive about the 15th

Herrschners Yarn.........4-skein-packs.....One Variegated/Three different complimentary colors..........WILD colors !

I'll come out and catch up with all the details when you get there. I plan on making it to some of the evening activities this year.

Dougmuffin does Paulette have a source for natural fiber skeins? Can't do the polyester anymore. I'll be set up in Q in Dec. Can't breath over here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts