One Awesome Inch - Van Build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me it's a matter of time, nearly every Youtube video is 5 minutes or more (often much more) and I can get the exact same content by reading and seeing pictures in 30 seconds.

My time is precious to me but apparently it's unimportant to other people.
Bob

I enjoy the videos, I enjoy the forums, if I have time and am able I watch the videos, if I don't I don't but it's nice to have both. Enjoying watching your progress! peace everybelly! :)

Nice vid Awesome. The non-professional look adds character. :) Good luck on the build.

Thanks for the support. ☺

How's that saying go? "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time."

akrvbob said:
To me it's a matter of time, nearly every Youtube video is 5 minutes or more (often much more) and I can get the exact same content by reading and seeing pictures in 30 seconds.

My time is precious to me but apparently it's unimportant to other people.
Bob

Quit being old bob :D

I have to admit that I prefer written descriptions and pictures.  I do watch youtube videos sometimes when I'm trying to find out how to fix something, but if it gets too long, I fast-forward or find a different video, lol.  Guess I'm old too!  LOL.  If I was on a data plan instead of cable, I wouldn't be able to watch them at all.

Good job on your build.  I know that you are going to enjoy it once it is all done and you are able to have adventures in it!

Thanks! In a couple months I'll be on data and wifi so I understand the concerns. I could also do some screen capture pics with a short description as well I suppose. Just have to find the time.

One Awesome Inch said:
I could also do some screen capture pics with a short description as well I suppose. Just have to find the time.

Well, if you ever find the time I'd be excited to see some pics of your build. :D I'm on a broken down hand-me-down computer and no matter how many safeties I put in place I seem to lose computers when I break down and look at stuff on utube. :( It's happened enough I just don't risk it anymore.

Best wishes on your build! :)

New van build video... installing soffit on driver's side.

I called it a soffit, but is there a better name for it?

Here are some recent pics from my last build session.

20150504_215853_zpsvfpaiijz.jpg

20150504_215844_zps2o6xv9kz.jpg

20150504_215905_zpsinjooyof.jpg

20150504_220554_zps24oagqrl.jpg
X
20150504_220639_zpshrcnylwq.jpg

20150504_220017_zps0slibabn.jpg

Thanks Bob.

I assure you that anything that looks good is accomplished more through effort than skill.

Perhaps a testament that if I can do it, anybody can... if they put in the effort. :)

Getting close... 

The door will be painted dark blue to hide dirt and finger prints. On either side of the door I am putting up two 1 ft wide by 48 inch tall 3/8 baltic birch panels. They server two purposes 1. They will break up the white interior with a nice wood look, which I like. I plan to polyeurathane them 2. More importantly they will act as anchor points so that I can drill into them rather than the 1/8 super flimsy luan. I will hang my Wave 3 heater on the right hand side.
20150518_211406_zpsxxpks9iw.jpg

I chose white for two main reasons. 1. To illuminate the interior as much as possible. Where I live in Southern coastal BC it rains or is overcast many months of the year. The white will brighten things up a bit. 2. The other reason I went for white is because it will help keep it clean easier. Most importantly, it will help me to see any mold that may develop.
20150518_211248_zpsr3mttolr.jpg

20150518_211235_zps2bpukv1a.jpg

20150518_211208_zps17z2jfsq.jpg