Old hips, Bad leg and Falling apart

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ColdBrook, I hope get your traveling started soon. If in the Dallas-Ft Worth area PM me and we'll meet.

Rob

When I had the stents put in my heart I read that the average life expectancy after stents was 8 years. That was 12 years ago. I think I am due again. Just did a nuclear stress test last week. Cardiologist is setting up another round of Angioplasty. Point being it ain't over till it is over. Don't stop living because you are afraid of dying. That is going to happen no matter what you do.

My heartwork is done under local as well. I doubt if you will be fully aware of what is going on. You may not be knocked out, but that doesn't mean you will care whatever it is they are doing. When they tell you the anesthesiologist is making you a cocktail, tell em to make it a double.

Don't give away your stuff. Let the executor of your will do that.

Interesting yours was done with a local. You are the first I have known of. I'm not that scared of the local, it's re-starting my heart that concerns me a bit. Not a thing I can do about it but still it's the 'elephant in my thoughts'.

Thanks for the encouragement Danny.

Rob

Gunny said:
Interesting yours was done with a local. You are the first I have known of. I'm not that scared of the local, it's re-starting my heart that concerns me a bit. Not a thing I can do about it but still it's the 'elephant in my thoughts'.

Thanks for the encouragement Danny.

Rob

Yep got to watch the four monitors that the Doc uses to put the stents into place. I didn't make much sense to me really. Just looked like a bunch of worms wiggling around. At one point the Doc said this may sting a little, (I didn't feel a thing). The part I liked the least was that table was friggin cold. They keep the temps down to keep germs from growing too easy. I have had other surgeries. The way I see it, I will either feel much better eventually, or I will never feel any worse. 

My buddy just had his pacemaker replaced. Says he feels better. There has been a lot of improvements in their design. In another 5 years, they just shove another battery up his butt. Well maybe not that easy, but not a big procedure either.

Your mission is to have some more fun out of life. Get er done Marine.

for sure don't give your trailer away, if you are absolutely sure you can't use it (do not decide till after your consult / surgery) sell it for a cargo conversion
trailershowroom.com sells custom built cargos, you could get a 7x12 single axle with a ramp, windows, and shore power hookup for around $3500 (i was going to buy one from them) and, if you made the bed removable / or fold able to get it out of the way, you could carry the mobility scooter inside while driving
heck, I 'built' this in less than 15 min
http://ww10.aitsafe.com/cf/review.cfm?userid=C5268366&return=www.trailershowroom.com/tx7x12sal.htm
it now says on their site there's an additional 10% surcharge on Texas built trailers, so more like 4K
Add a luggable loo, put a bed in, and you could move right in :D

Art, thanks for the ideas. I'm working on getting an estimate on the repair to the front I dinged.
I also want the roof resealed. Whatever happens the trailer is nice for a 1988 and shows no rust.

It's a decent size for one person or two if they are close. I just don't want to pay 80 a month to store it and let it go to ruin. I would rather have it go to someone who needs it and may be struggling with money a bit. Not that I am rich but cash is no big deal for me, until I am flat broke.

There are a few odds and ends that need repair, tires are old but look good but need replacing.
Just small nit picky stuff.

Internet in my no-tell motel is down so I will eat up my data plan. I knew I bought this IPad for something.

I hope everyone has a great day and finds their van or rv to fit their needs.

Rob

Gunny said:
Internet in my no-tell motel is down so I will eat up my data plan. I knew I bought this IPad for something.

How is that IPad working out for you Rob? I bought an IPad 2 approximately 4 to 5 years ago for a project. Never used it, but it is Verizon internet capable on 3G. It's supposed to be set up for month to month (no contract) internet, but has thus far been sitting in it's box, and like brand new. In fact, I think I had better get it out and charge it so I don't ruin the battery if I haven't already?
Anyway, back to your trailer, Rob, I hope you get to use it some before you let it go.

Gunny

It's great to see all the support you're getting on this thread!

Don't worry about those ops. If they go well , you'll feel better . AND if they don't , you won't care.
ARRRGH !
Is it AlmostThere that has the tag line "worry is a waste of imagination"..?

Tires are not nit picky stuff .
If your friend could check out the axle alignment , great !
Traveling below 55 is not a hardship,,,plus you get to see more of the scenery................

I have a friend that is parked in an RV park in Rockport and only pays about $250 a month last I knew.
(I'm guessing that does not include electricity)
How does that compare to your rent and storage for the trailer ?
(PS. He knows how to dump tanks!)

Ballenxj said:
How is that IPad working out for you Rob? I bought an IPad 2 approximately 4 to 5 years ago for a project. Never used it, but it is Verizon internet capable on 3G. It's supposed to be set up for month to month (no contract) internet, but has thus far been sitting in it's box, and like brand new. In fact, I think I had better get it out and charge it so I don't ruin the battery if I haven't already?
Anyway, back to your trailer, Rob, I hope you get to use it some before you let it go.

I bought the IPad and the cover with a keyboard. I use it very little, mostly when the internet goes down in my motel. I like it because I can see sites full screen instead of the tiny Apple 6 I have. Mine is Verizon also. When the internet her works I use wifi but like this morning it was data. I can watch videos and listen to music on it so it's okay.

The trailer is a wait and see. Thanks for the good wishes.

Rob

Popeye, my rent here is 1025 a month all bills paid and I am paying 80 to store the trailer. I found a cheaper place but at the time I was desperate to get it gone before it got towed.

I am not going to rush things, but I will get some answers from the doctors, no more B.S. about maybe so and so much battery juice left.

My will is made out, everything has been decided except the trailer. And my dinged truck. And I am guessing after I croak I won't care.

Rob

Gunny, this might be like the blind leading the blind because I too have mobility problems, but I am willing to do whatever I can to help you with your camper.  I have a little fiberglass camper.  Last spring while towing Mizmozy to my favorite campground, she busted a spring.  It was the best thing that ever happened to me.  She only weighs a thousand pounds, but she wallowed my F150 all over the road.  It was exhausting.  Two new springs have made an incredible difference.

I live in southern Oklahoma, a few miles from Lake Texoma. So does my RV repairman.  He replaced both springs for less than two hundred bucks parts and labor. I can check with him about the dingy in your camper.  I'm sure he seals roofs, and I know he replaces springs. Maybe he can give me a rough guesstimate of the cost and you can call him if you're interested.  He's good and he's reasonable which means he's busy, but your camper can sit on his lot for free until it's fixed.

Another option is during the off-season, you can camp maybe ten miles from the repair shop at my favorite campground on Texoma for six dollars a day with a geezer card and there's no fourteen day stay limit.  During the off-season, electricity is available.  The water is shut off except for one frost-free faucet.  The restrooms with showers are locked, but the pit toilet is open and so is the dump station.  That said, the b&b (bag and bottle) method works.  I can't say enough good about the friendly, helpful camp hosts.  The campground would suit your mobility scooter. My truck is available to tow your camper. If interested, PM me.

Wishing you the best,
Carol

Carol, thank you so much. I would appreciate hearing from your repairman. My number is 817-939-1629 if you care to give it to him. Again, thanks.

Rob

Gunny, his name is Bobby Howard. Howard's RV, 580-795-5601. He's located on Highway 70 between Kingston and Madill, Oklahoma. The offer stands. If you need help getting your camper somewhere, I will help you.

I will call him Monday. I will pm you if I head that way. I have my truck, it was only slightly wounded in my jackknife.

Thank you very much...

Rob

Just saw this, seemed fitting.

Rob

c077df72980391a55193f7b162880e4a.jpg

Attachments

• c077df72980391a55193f7b162880e4a.jpg
    c077df72980391a55193f7b162880e4a.jpg
    80.3 KB
I once heard someone say, "When I was young I smelled like perfume, now I smell like liniment."

:)  Gunny this is for you and anyone else interested.   Years ago I owned a MH lot at Cedar Creek Lake TX.  There was a older RV community that I visited several times in a rural seting.  It's taken 2 days and I think I've found.....I Think......It's changed names and owners.    LAKE SHORE SENOIRS RV RESORT,   903-432-2399  TROY BROWN owner,   $250mo back 4 rows    $300mo waterview...no dep.....no pet dep....no Maintenence fees.......their web site has pics.  

It's not fancy, has lotsa trees, they used to have community house with a kitchen, library, bath room and a guest room,  also pot luck dinners, and barbecues,  fishing dock and I think a boat ramp.  It is a place I intend to visit when I get to TX.  I'TS ON THE nwSIDE OF THE LAKE SO NOT THAT FAR FROM dALLaS...Damn caps lock buttons anyways!!!!!  I'm homesick too.

I hope you are resting up after your western adventure.

Jewellann

Thanks Jewellann, I have recovered nicely, cat no longer hates me and life is back to its boring normal, if there is such a thing as normal.

Our old manager here is back and he is clearing out some of the folks the manager who replaced him allowed in. It's almost worth the rent to watch and listen to the drama around me....Almost.

My little trailer would not work for me just parked long term. If I am mobile and travelling then it's good and the perfect size for me and my truck.

So much depends on the prognosis I am given in March. I have a large stockpile of medicine and should the VA piss me off I can tell them to take a leap.

Hope to meet you when you make the break for Texas.

Rob