Not quite yet a van dweller but soon.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slynne

Reaction score
Just getting ready to move into a new chapter of my life. Mostly feeling that my life has too many chores. I am done with mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, and all the work that goes into maintaining a house that, while a modest size, is still too big for just one person and a dog.

Michigan is where I want to spend most of my time but usually by Christmas, I am done with winter. Because of Michigan's economic issues, a lot of people have left so I have this whole Michigan diaspora filled with people I love and miss who I could visit if I were living on the road. Most have moved to warmer places and I figure I could just bop around visiting while being a low maintenance guest since I would be bringing my home with me.

Right now I am paying off my debts and saving up to buy a small RV. I hope to get a Roadtrek 170 0r 190 but haven't made any final decisions. I am pretty sure my job will allow me to work from the road although that means I will be limited in where I go as I need internet to work.  Still, income seems like the biggest hurdle and I, at least, have that worked out!

If all goes well, I should be on the road by 2018.

Welcome Aboard !
I hear the sick of snow , and it's just getting started !

Welcome to the CRVL forums, slynne! All good and valid reasons to hit the road. We're happy to enable and encourage!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome!
You have a good and sensible plan in place. And time to learn a lot here that will help you choose an RV and set things up right for your own needs. Plus, we a fun group of folks.

You are blessed with a way to travel and continue to work.. that is a big hurdle for most wanting to live the nomadic lifestyle.

Keep us posted and we'll see you around on several threads I'm sure.

Good luck. Better get out after the coming storm. Or wait 'til Spring. We're in a blizzard right now.
Happy Trails!    M.

Attachments

• NY-Aderondac winter.jpg
    NY-Aderondac winter.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to the CRVL Forum   :) 

Being able to work from an RV anywhere (if you are permitted to work from a WIFI connection)  is a great ability.

I know a friend does much of her work through the "Guru com" site which is much like an ebay but where people sell their online talent & services.  

http://www.guru.com

13 sites like Guru

http://www.topsiteslike.com/guru.com/

If you were to find some employment opportunities in any of these,  then by 2018 you could take to the road with enough work to keep you going and  maintain your nomadic lifestyle. 

All the best!