Noob sayin hey

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwendy

Reaction score
Hi Friends ::)

I've decided to vandwell as soon as we sell the old family home, it won't be right away unfortunately, probably 6 months or maybe more. But I'm planning now, getting rid of the excess junk. I lost my whole library from it being packed and then left uncovered to the elements while I was too sick to rescue it. It was a hard blow, but in a sense it also set me free. Those books will be replaced mostly electronically and I am becoming free'er by the day. As I'm sure you can imagine, I can't get mobile fast enough! I LOVE Bob already and can't wait to get to know more vandwellers. Rock on people!

Hi Gwendy and welcome to the forums. Best of luck to you!

Welcome Gwendy! I also lost my library a few years ago and it really knocked the wind out of me! I hadn't associated that with the ability to now give or sell all my belongings, but now I wonder! Hmmm

Welcome Gwendy to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome to the CRVL   :) 

Wow !  Sorry to hear about your personal Library.   You really took a hit with that.  But more and more Public Libraries are offering Digital Collections.  The Library of Congress is Digitalizing much of their collection of 21 million books these days.  So there will be a lot of titles which may be of interest to you that will be coming available.

http://www.digitizationguidelines.gov/

Hope you can restore your favorite books/library onto a big USB jump drive or SD memory card and carry it all with you as you travel. 

All the best !

Welcome aboard Gwendy!
I lost most of my audio library when my last rig burned but the few I salvaged smelled so bad I don't like reading them very much.
I put the kindle software on my laptop and tablet and have been collecting other books on it , 250+ at this point and many of them are available in audiobook versions so have dupes.

Hi,
I've just joined today :) I hope things start looking up for you and you're able to start your new journey very soon.
Take care,
Rain

It seems that forum members seem to sell their homes quicker than expected, at least that's what i see as i read through threads. Who knows why, but you should be ready to go more quickly than expected.
Losing books is a tragedy for sure. Thankfully it's so easy to find things to read for little or no money. We buy paper books cheaply and pass along after reading. We also frequent the free books thread on this forum. It's an awesome resource!
Best of luck to you and of course welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

There are a lot of great public libraries in this world and visiting same is also a great way to get to know an area, including researching it with a local expert if you are so inclined. I put a lot of stuff in storage and ended up selling most of it, eventually. Every time you move something ask yourself if you should sell it! Between Craigslist for bigger items and EBay for the smaller valuable stuff it is pretty easy and you will meet more great people.

Latest posts