Nomadic Enigmatics' 2019 van build dates announced

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've met Jamie in person when he was trying to help a neighbor of mine on the LTVA, and I do get the impression his heart is in the right place. I don't begrudge anyone making money, and he's paid his dues for sure.

After two years of being on the road and missing the van builds, this was the year I was planning on going. I'm looking for ways to give back, and although I'm disabled, can always run errands, be a gopher, give out words of encouragement. ;)  

Unfortunately, every penny I have right now is going into my gas fund, driving back to the Southwest in Oct after visiting family on the East Coast this summer. For the amount of time I'd be at the van build and what little I could participate, it's not worth it to get a donated ticket. Once again, I'm missing out on being one of the "cool kids."  :D

I'm disappointed but would check out the pirate camp for sure!!! 

Mary Ellen ~

Sounds like about 1/2 the people here are targeted for the pirate camp. vanYARC-Build. If it gets more than 75 people, then it'll have to split off pirate camp-2.

Pirate camp isn’t mine and I’ve never been to the van build. It’s Abnorm’s Camp.

I just saw this on a Facebook group. If true then this changes things.

363006efdfa552b31812f7a81e2f5c5f.jpg
ebd5ef94abb82db0caa351afb0ea4d0e.jpg

Sadly the people doing the work have to pay also. I feel that there should be enough money coming in that people doing the work shouldn’t have to pay but they do. That is just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't feel like complaining about anything. I signed up for something to be done to my van and to help with something. Give and take. Learn something, try to be helpful, meet people, have fun. A new experience for me. I will reserve judgment until after I've had the experience. I believe I will be enriched by this experience and that has nothing to do with money. I'm so sorry some people feel they can't afford to participate. It is about the same as a tank of gas (in California). LOL ... and if I decide I don't like it, I don't have to go back next year.

travelaround, don't worry about it. You'll have a good time and learn a lot. Different people have different ideas, c'est la vie. Just remember, if you park anywhere near where jamie will be parking, expect partying all night long.  :rolleyes: :cool: :exclamation:  :exclamation: :exclamation:

I guess nobody read what I posted. It says if you volunteer you are waived the fee. I just don’t know if it’s true but I would hope so.

I don't know where the face group got their information but everything I've seen indicates that everyone pays.
Below is an exchange in the comment area of Jamie's lastest video.

11 hours ago
I have to pay to volunteer? You are kidding, right? I sewed last year. Was planning to see again. Not willing to pay to work. Wth
Enigmatic Nomadics

Enigmatic Nomadics
10 hours ago
Hmmm. I've picked up debt 3 years in a row hosting this and about to repeat it the 4th. Not sure what is expected of me? This wasn't sustainable. Thanks for helping ppl last year.

First thing to understand. This time around the event will be getting a "Commercial Permit" from the BlM. There really was not a lot of choice about that one because of pressure from the BLM on some of the fine points about what is going on at the event. There are fees for a commercial permit. Here is what the BLM website has to say about the fees.
Quote from the BLM website section about the permits
"Minimum annual fee is the greater of $105(adjusted every 3 years)or the following:Commercial (including vending)3percentof adjusted gross receipts,plus any applicable assigned site fee and/or exclusive use fee,plus any applicable Special Area fee, plus cost recovery,including application fees. "

Since it is commercial part of your fees will go to the BLM. Now there is a real stinker and an unpredictable one in the list of what the BLM is going to collect and that stinker is "cost recovery". What that means is they are going to come up with a figure to cover all the cost of BLM paperwork and the BLM labor associated with the event. So for instance they decide they need extra rangers on duty to keep an eye on the event then that will get added to the bill. No way to predict what the final bill from the BLM will be.

But hopefully the fees to attend will be enough to cover all of the expenses and leave some money left over too. If there is some extra money then maybe it can help replace some of what he spent out of pocket in previous years. Or maybe it will help to fund that private land he wants to purchase on which to do future builds.

I copy/pasted what I think are the GPS coordinates from the Home Page.
Quite deserty dahn nere. 34º06'55.1" N 114º07'42.3" W
Will definitely be bolting the solar panels to the roof rack, after I build it.

In the Sept 18 video, Jamie says 1 ticket per "rig", and then at about 5:00 says capped at "600" tickets, so far. Maggie was right.

Cammalu said:
I guess nobody read what I posted. It says if you volunteer you are waived the fee. I just don’t know if it’s true but I would hope so.

If you check out Jamie’s video and the comments there Jamie says that even the volunteers have to pay so it covers his cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regis101 said:
I copy/pasted what I think are the GPS coordinates from the Home Page. 
Quite deserty dahn nere.  34º06'55.1" N 114º07'42.3" W
Close enough, just turn in where you see 600 other rigs.

Oh well. I guess that group will catch some flack about that. I haven’t been to any of his builds but never got the idea that we’re near that many people? Anyone else go?

I consider my self as a Map guy. The inter webs makes things easier these days.
Googled up BLM near parker. Looks like thousands of acres.
It will be interesting to see how much land area the BLM has allowed for this shindig.
Interesting as well is the number of tickets available since a ticket is per vehicle.

This video shows how big it was last november. You can see jamie's green bus where all the peoples are congregating.

The best place to get info on this event is the enigmatic nomadics you tube channel. The event is 16 days and lots of people stay for the 

entire time and many more come and go. The location is easy to find and is about 15 minutes from Parker Az. The town has most anything you 

would need. Items ordered show up in about two days time. There are spots in town that will take deliveries for you. There are a lot of folks   

having a good time in the evening and some generators so if quiet is one of your priorities there is plenty of BLM in the area. There is a main 

campfire most every evening and announcements are made there. There are community meals every so often and potlucks. Other than that you  

are on your own. Portas are provided and emptied regularly as are dumpsters. This area is close to the Q and many popular boondocking winter

sites and many who winter there are mostly willing to share the needed info, what where when why. Algodones Mx. trips are planned by some 

at the event and BLM sites near the border are shared. This event draws some really talented people and most any problem or issue you have

can be worked out. Like any event bring your best attitude and good things will come your way. There were a couple of serious dog issues last

year. If you have an unpredictable dog take measures. Leash's are required. Be kind and understanding, people work very hard at the build to

see that things go right, we all know s--- happens.

Qxxx said:
This video shows how big it was last november. You can see  jamie's green bus where all the peoples are congregating.

That was gorgeous footage, although after just coming inside from [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]working in[/font] a 99 degree interior van to have a sip of water and a snack, that made me dizzy as hell, roflmao!  So I couldn't count, but it did not look like 600 rigs (holds on to her chair)