Nomadic Enigmatics' 2019 van build dates announced

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndi

Reaction score
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Join us for an exciting two week event! [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starts [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]November 8th[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=proxima-n-w01-reg, sans-serif]Not only will some of[/font][font=proxima-n-w01-reg, sans-serif]  best carpenters, fan installers, solar consultants and installers be there[/font]
[font=proxima-n-w01-reg, sans-serif]we will also have a custom sewing team, a welding team and a team building composting toilets.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Presentations by vendors to offer
    advice on solar and living off grid
    as a nomad

Demonstrations and Product Reviews

Campfires

Pot Lucks

Karaoke Evenings[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Basic, sans-serif]Make long lasting friends and[/font]
[font=Basic, sans-serif]meet part time and full time nomads.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Basic, sans-serif]Join us for fun, fun, fun and more fun and some serious Van Building.[/font][/font]

https://www.enigmaticnomadics.com/2...K9mJDNfd5daJv8npgbSGDembSvbs3bY7X5pKGtoOQg9Dk

Hello Cyndi!
I went to the site and it looks like a fantastic event. Do you know if it costs to attend? Thanks for sharing!

I have not attended yet, but will this year.  I have been told by many that have attended in the past that there is no cost, other than your own supplies and some food. Nomads coming together to help other nomads.  And a great party.

I believe it states it will be in Parker Arizona again.

I am SOOO going! I watched a couple of the videos... I think I'm gonna cry... My Tribe is soooo awesome!

Not sure if I'll get my van bed (ripped out of conversion) and re-built... but I can volunteer doing SOMETHING!

Make sure to take photos of your rigs before and after any work is done. And try to be present when work is being done. If there is damage caused by lack of experience or fires (like last year) Jamie does little to remedy the situation. People had their solar panels fall off while on the road, had fire catch in their rigs, had electrical work done wrong, had insulation fall out, etc. Also, if you’re going to donate, maybe donate to people directly to help them because there’s been a lot of speculation as to where all the donated funds are spent. It’s an awesome event for the community, but many feel the wrong person runs the event. 

I will be there most likely . . . would like to get ideas and help though I anticipate doing a lot of the work on my van myself. I'd like to develop some skills that would help me help others as well.

Even if you don't sign up for specific work on your rig at the registration desk, I should imagine there will be people there happy to help out, in any case. It's always easy to get "free advice", after all, LOL.

Caravan Carolyn was out boondocking somewhere, and decided to renovate her van for the third time. She got 2 guys to spend a whole week totally rebuilding the bed and carpentry in the van for free. Then 3 months later she sold it, what a hoot. Youtubers are always a hoot.

what???? You mean she didn't do that job herself :p

Well, you're a maki and she's a macher.

Also, I'm beginning to think youtube is a pretty good source of income for some people. CC went from van to van+small-trailer to large "mansion" trailer in a mobile home park in Phoenix in the past year. Camper Van Kevin has had new Promaster and big ole Class A in the last year. Nomadic Fanatic went from big Class C to bigger Class A. And some of these music videos I look at have had hundreds of "millions" of views.

That sounds fantastic! I should be starting my build in October and hopefully it will be finished by then. I have my nephews helping me out which is lucky. If I'm ready I'll come down and help. Or get help lol. I'm no expert for sure.

OK.. I DID it... signed up to volunteer. :)
Wheeee!! Really excited!

I signed up for Carpentry... lol  I'm not too good, but not a total stooge (but ALmost! ;).
  It's been a while since I got to play with power tools!!

(CYNDI: ?? I can also Sew and do Admin.. but it would only let me sign up for ONE thing)??

Cherterr, I have nothing to do with the event. Just posted some information as a PSA (public service announcement).

How long does this go on for? I wouldn't be able to get there until the 12th, does this last all week or just the weekend?

it will be at least 2 weeks or 14 days. I believe I heard Jamie say 16 days but don't hold me to that.

update, I just checked the website they state 14 days. here's a link to the website. note, music auto plays when the website loads,

https://www.enigmaticnomadics.com/

highdesertranger