No Where To Be Tour

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
About two years ago I sold a small business, my home and just about everything in it.  I got rid of furniture, linens, kitchen stuff and tons of crap I no longer needed.  I hit the road in my Toyota pick-up with a Four Wheel Camper along with a trailer containing a motorcycle.  I started a blogsite to basically keep my Mom informed of my whereabouts and to show her pictures of what I'd been up to.  Since then others have subscribed and been following along.  Having just registered to the VanDweller Community I thought I'd start posting up here as well as I enjoy reading about others travels and nomad lifestyles.  Anyway, here's the link to my blogsite if anyone is interested.  I just returned back to the Washington state area but spent the winter in Baja and am now in the process of catching up on my blog posts.

http://www.nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/

i-bHzSpRn-L.jpg

Welcome aboard Park !
Hope you will share some of your experiences here as you read those of others.....

Great photos and I'm loving your adventures. Park! I thought I would get to the Baja for sure this winter. Next winter, for sure!

Welcome Park, I also wanted to get to Baja this winter, but didn't quite make it. My son is there right now though, so I'm living vicariously through him. Nice rig - my previous rig was an F350 with an old Granby model Four Wheel Pop Up. I loved that rig and still miss it. My trailer is more comfortable when I get to where I'm going, but my old rig would get me more places. It too made a trip through Baja back in the day.

Like I always tell people when discussing rigs....there is no perfect set up. Each has their own pros and cons. My rig works for me because I like to get back into more remote spots and I like the basic simplicity of my set up. I've had trailers before and the creature comforts are nice when setting up for an extended period but you're really limited as to where you can go. I'm sure one day I'll go back to having some more creature comforts when I'm too old to crawls around in the backcountry. Whatever rig you've got is good as long as you get out there and utilize it.

I need to add.
I like the name of your thread.
We always had to come up with names for tours when I was in the music biz and Nowhere To Be would have just been so wrong then ! Now , it fits perfectly !!!
You seem to be stuck in some very scenic spots , sucks to be you huh ?

I'm so jealous! Maybe I'll get to Baja next winter! Love your blog. Write more and take more pics!

Cammalu said:
I'm so jealous!   Maybe I'll get to Baja next winter!   Love your blog. Write more and take more pics!

See you down there as I hope to go back again next year as well.  Thanks for the compliment on the blog and glad you're following along.  

New update:  Deeper into Baja - Part 9

i-TMqZq5x-L.jpg

Thanks for taking us all along! Do you think you could do the top of Mexico in any vehicle? good day to you

You're making me regret not heading down into Baja this winter, the scenery looks wonderful.

Yogidog said:
Thanks for taking us all along! Do you think you could do the top of Mexico in any vehicle? good day to you

Sure....worse that could happen is that you'd have to turn around somewhere if it got too bad.  Many people don't go out and explore always thinking they don't have enough gear, the right vehicle, enough money, etc., etc.  Just go....it will all work out.

I've had a few more updates on the blogsite (part 10-11-12-13)  if you want to check them out.  I've got one more post to go and I'll be out of Baja.  It's onto Joshua Tree and Death Valley after that.  

http://www.nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/

i-KKwPV6N-L.jpg