No RTR for current Ehrenberg dwellers?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minormanic

Reaction score
We current Ehrenberg dwellers must be gone by the 2nd of January.  According to another YouTube report, the person called the Rangers and asked why they were suddenly enforcing the 14 day rules here.  The person reported that the Ranger stayed that it was due to the videos inviting people here and telling us that there were no enforced time limits.  So my question is does that mean we can not attend RTR now, or is it actually further than 25 miles from Ehrenberg BLM land.

I find it highly doubtful a ranger gave a specific answer why they started enforcing the 14 day limit. that is not how law enforcement operates. I mean if you have a good source on the inside why would you let the cat out of the bag and loose that source. after saying that, I do believe advertising that you can camp here or there for more than 2 weeks with no enforcement is not best thing to do. if I were you I would go to the RTR get the permit there and put it in your windshield the rangers won't look twice at you. highdesertranger

BLM rules are that you must move every 14 days to a place outside of a 25 mile drive from where you were previously.

Just because the ranger said that January 2 was the deadline for people to move doesn't mean that they have to stay until January 2nd.

If you're concerned about being denied a permit on Jan 10 for the RTR because you're currently staying inside the 25 mile limit, then MOVE NOW.

It's only December 21st. Go someplace that is 25 miles out of the RTR area and you'll be eligible for a permit on January 10 because you'll have been outside the perimeter for more than 14 days.

If you wait until you have to move from Ehrenberg and you're within the 25 mile limit then you're taking your chances on permitting at the RTR.

Of course that would be ideal, to leave now, and I realize I don’t HAVE to stay until January 2nd. However, due to circumstances beyond my control at this point, it will be close to the 2nd, before I am able to leave.

Interesting turn of events I hope they move that guy on the right with the gigamound of junk, he has been there for years And Years, on the safe side I would move asap . HDR is correct in assuming they (rangers) will probably turn a blind eye only because this is recent . But remember Rangers enforce BLM and their law is rule.

Yes indeed, the junk man needs to go too, and I’ve heard there is another year arounder out here. No problem here with the Rangers and their laws. I just hope they enforce it with all. I do feel sorry for Mark and the minimart. I’m sure this will hurt their business.

I believe he will profit from this with a new set of campers at a 14 day turnover all the for cheap guys will be less and less, he deserves the business always did me right. Turned a blind eye when me and the miss took the same shower room.

Minormanic said:
We current Ehrenberg dwellers must be gone by the 2nd of January.  According to another YouTube report, 

highdesertranger said:
I find it highly doubtful a ranger gave a specific answer why they started enforcing the 14 day limit.  that is not how  law enforcement operates. 

Are you saying all the rumors and news we here on youtube is not 100% true and accurate.??

No....No... I much prefer to panic first and think rationally....?  Never!

We were heading to Ehrenberg before going to the RTR.  We heard that some people were going to go there first.  Is that not an option now because of the 25 mile rule?  Where will people go instead? I was hoping to connect with a smaller group before the RTR.

^
Same here, was expecting to be in Ehrenberg on January 1, also hoping to connect with folks.   Am now rethinking that idea.

It looks like it is more than 25 miles by the driving route, less than 25 as the crow flies. Ask a Ranger their opinion.

Isn't the LTVA land $180? Some of us can't do that right now. Heard there was BLM land outside Blythe. Have to find the map that was posted....

the LTVA is 180 bucks for 6 months or 40 bucks for 2 weeks. there is BLM all around Blythe but beware there are also LTVA's and it's very easy to accidently camp within the boundaries of the LTVA's. ask me how I know. highdesertranger

GypsySpirit said:
^
Same here, was expecting to be in Ehrenberg on January 1, also hoping to connect with folks.   Am now rethinking that idea.

Did you figure out a place to hang out? I have no idea where to find other tribe members before RTR starts. I’ll be there around the 1st (I think)  Camping and exploring around Lake Havasu and Parker sounds good...maybe Yuma?  Doing some research now, thought I was going to Ehrenberg.....

That looks awesome! Maybe I'll see you there. Looks like we will both be there similar times. I was hoping an experienced RTR'er would come forward but....we could get a small group going instead. Here's a couple of photos my rig. (Oklahoma plate on back only)

Attachments

• 20171224_100635-1612x1209.jpg
    20171224_100635-1612x1209.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20171224_100735-1612x1209.jpg
    20171224_100735-1612x1209.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 30
Bohemian scout said:
Did you figure out a place to hang out? I have no idea where to find other tribe members before RTR starts. I’ll be there around the 1st (I think)  Camping and exploring around Lake Havasu and Parker sounds good...maybe Yuma?  Doing some research now, thought I was going to Ehrenberg.....

Please let me know what you figure out.  I want to meet people too.  I'd really like to go to Ehrenberg if possible.

Sharbysyd said:
Please let me know what you figure out.  I want to meet people too.  I'd really like to go to Ehrenberg i.       
Ditto to that. We will be arriving around the 5 th and would love to meet up with a tribe. Our first RTR and traveling from MA.