Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pen Wize

Reaction score
Hello, 

I am one step closer to my dream of an RV life, although I am scared shitless lol. However, that won't stop me. I will be putting my house up for sale and then I will purchase my RV. I am leaning towards a Class C, but will also consider a Class B. My next step is to create a checklist of things to check in a used RV and find a local RV mechanic to check over the RV once I have found one I like. 

I have two cats and a big dog. Akira, my dog, takes up a lot of space. She weighs 60 pounds and is a mix of Pitt and German Shepard. I am already starting to sell off things in my house. My critters are part of why I am leaning towards a Class C. between 24-26ft). 

Right now, I am living in Raliegh, NC and will probably keep this as my home base for awhile. As soon as the house is on the market I think I will set up where to get my mail. I might start with a local UPS store as I am familiar with them and they give you a street address. I am open to suggestions though from all of you experienced people. 

By the way, I celebrate my 57th birthday tomorrow. What better way to celebrate than with pursuing a dream? 

If you would like to offer me any suggestions or advice, I will happily accept your tips. 

Chanah (pronounced like Hannah with both the "a's" making the "ah" sound.

Welcome Chanah! You'll find many conversations on the topics you're wondering about! You can do a search to find the threads and add a post if you still have questions! Enjoy!

Welcome Chanah to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. happy birthday. highdesertranger