Newbie here, hoping to make some friends,

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newdaydue

Reaction score
New here, I love it.  I am not crazy to want to keep moving and see new places.  Just trying to learn from those who have had the courage to make the leap.  Too young for social security, and too old to keep wasting my life in one place. My big fear is how can I make a living while living in a van.  I did a 2 week period in a Chevy Aveo, now thats small.  Slept at Walmarts or 24 hour markets during day and worked at night.  Was a tough time, but saved money.  I hope to make some friends, and learn alot from people who dare to think outside of the boxes in our lives.  Hope to hear from you all.   Drive safe.

Welcome Newdaydue to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome aboard !
What kind of rig are you thinking you will be happy in ?
Finding work on the road isn't that hard to do , so many options.......
What do you like or are capable of doing ? That will help narrowing down all the possibilities.

Hello Popeye.  I am looking for a van.  Many have been recomended like Chevolet Express and Chevolet Astro Vans.  I am not sure where to start looking.  I was thinking of maybe a van that was used as part of a fleet. Craigslist doesnt seem to have too many vans.  Do you have any advise?  I am in Nevada right now.  
Thanks

you're doing fine! We can all see your post

Peace out said:
Enjoy living your life wherever it may take you. Remember when you were young and you didn't let your fears get in you way? Don't miss a day of life.

-=Mike=-

cyndi said:
you're doing fine! We can all see your post

Thank you cyndi.  Hey I can relate with feeling like a social reject.  Its one of the reason I want to just go off snd live in a van away from people.  Too bad I live in Vegas right now, boy its not my cup of tea.  Where are you in this big world?

Hello mike.  Thanks for the encouragement. Trying to gather my courage to take the leap.  So are you actually a vandweller now?  If so are you happier?  Everyone says they are so happy.  Thanks again

I don'tfeel like a social reject! But I have rejected most of what the dominant culture proclaims as normal.

I lived in Vegas for more years than I liked to remember. It was a great place to party. When my divorce was final I ran away as fast as I could. I didn't return for many, many years. Now, my son lives in Hooterville (Henderson) I'm headed there in November. I spend part of each winter, there. Perhaps we'll have a chance to meet.

I'm not much of a van expert but there are lots here that have them and I know you'll have no problem getting responses about vans . Start a new thread with a title that reflects your question.

Plus there is also a Van section on the top of the page titled Van Conversions that you might find helpful.

I DO have a lot of experience with finding jobs ....
workampernews.com
workampingjobs.com
coolworks.com
will give you a start.

Also

National park concessionaires like Xanterra and Deleware North.(jobs plus dorm+food)
(and towns near National Parks)
National forests
Amazon
Pumpkin , Christmas Tree , Fireworks lots/tents .
Beet Harvest
Theme Parks
Resort Areas
Campgrounds
Festivals
NASCAR
County Fair Carney's
Walmart
Lowes
Home Depot
And yes even a Circus

Anywhere there is a lot of seasonal tourist traffic...........
Part time jobs are everywhere

Thank you for the information. I still work in the city I live in, thats why I dont get back to the blog as quickly as some. I appreciate your advise, especially about job info.
: )

cyndi said:
I don'tfeel like a social reject! But I have rejected most of what the dominant culture proclaims as normal.

I lived in Vegas for more years than I liked to remember. It was a great place to party. When my divorce was final I ran away  as fast as I could. I didn't return for many, many years. Now, my son lives in Hooterville (Henderson) I'm headed there in November. I spend part of each winter, there.  Perhaps we'll have a chance to meet.

Thank you Cyndi.  Yes it would be cool to meet and learn more from you about living on the road.  Let me know when you are back in the vegas area.
Drive safe.