New van owner and traveler.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oVWo said:
Alright guys! so i have been giving some thought into going to colorado. I dont think its a very suitable place for a first time van dweller. Im a local florida and honestly when it hits the 60 i start to bring out the heavy jackets. So instead I think I might head up to Chattanooga or ashville to find work. Any recommendations? And thanks again everyone you have been such a great help!

Testing it out! Its all coming together!

Ummm, I hate to tell you but it's 39 in Chattanooga with a high in the seven day forecast of 55.

If 60 makes you head for heavy jackets, I'd seriously suggest choosing somewhere south of Interstate 10...:D

As someone who spent 14 years of winters in Florida only to move back to northern winters, it's taken me 7 years not to freeze my butt off everytime I step foot outside the door. Now I don't freeze but I'm still hating the cold weather.

Taking a true Floridian to Colorado in the middle of winter would be like committing murder....:rolleyes:

corky52 said:
You might also want to look into adding a Camp Chief Triton water heater and a rigging to make a shower, maybe a pan/tub with shower curtain in back area.

That Triton water heater is the coolest thing I've ever seen. I didn't even know those existed. Thank you for the recommendation!

Molly,
Thank you.  I use it as my water heater in my motorhome.

Hello everyone, letting you guys know I will be selling my van. I have an opportunity to start a business so I am hopping on that train and need some help with start up fees, etc. So the van is reluctantly having to be sold. I lived in it for four months and loved every minute of it. Perfect for stealth camping. I parked downtown chattanooga for 4 months and was never hassled. I am located in Sarasota, Fl and i would love to see it go to a van dwellers home.

oVWo said:
Hello everyone, letting you guys know I will be selling my van. I have an opportunity to start a business so I am hopping on that train and need some help with start up fees, etc. So the van is reluctantly having to be sold. I lived in it for four months and loved every minute of it. Perfect for stealth camping. I parked downtown chattanooga for 4 months and was never hassled. I am located in Sarasota, Fl and i would love to see it go to a van dwellers home.

Give us some info on your van , yr. , miles , price etc. . I'm in S.w. Fl. also .