New Mexico State Park Robbing people with a bait and switch - Rip off!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WanderingRose said:
And if you’ve never been to Chaco Canyon, it is the most amaaaaazing place.

Little bitty campground, but not one of those places that is heavily visited because the road in is deliberately left rough to deter many.

Drive it slow, spend some time in there.
yes, Chaco was special. i loved the ranger talk under the starry skies ;) and the roads
are definitely meant to go slow.

Thanks for all the friendly words and yea defiantly planning on heading up to Nevada and or tagging behind somebody or a caravan next year.

As for this year, I have been at my first park for about a week now.  The showers are boarded up, the playground wrapped up in caution tape.  Even the grills are wrapped in caution tape...

images

I'm shocked the outside water faucets do not have a timer and a quarter slot. ( maybe they were on back order and they will install them for next year?) Did I mention the "Wifi" they so nicely write about on the website is a PAY TO USE?

[img=300x200]https://beinspiredchannel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Frustration-768x500.jpg[/img]

Here are their rates: 

UNLIMITED USAGE OPTIONS
1 HR $3
24 Hour period $8 
3 day period $20

LIMITED USAGE

5GB $30 expires in 30 days 
10GB $50 expires in 30 days
30GB $99 expires in 30 days

having the internet is critical for me since Im trying to work remotely.  Luckily I have my ATT and Verizon phones so I'm able to get a signal on one at least to keep working.  Would of been nice to been able to have free wifi as a back up, you know since Im already paying 400 plus bucks but guess not... Noticing my options to locations are limited to cell signal I have found the locations that work best for my and I have lined up my locations and im all reserved up until early June.  

I'll try to remember to do a full season review once I get back to Quartzsite.  (can't wait to winter!) 

I'll survive this summer, I been parked for about a week now and Im sitting pretty to make it my full 13 days (next reservation is full 14 days to get on a good Sunday moving day rotation) I'm pretty proud of that so far.  I'm hauling 15 gallons of fresh water and 7 gallons bathwater and I got enough food and supplies so I don't gotta move until moving day.

I really wasn't sure I could do that comfortably in a Minivan but it can be done! I will say I perfected my bucket method and I think I'm actually sitting pretty to go boondocking this fall.  I think I will swing down by flagstaff like sept or so provided it's cool enough.  Maybe I'll run into some of you lovely people.  That way you can point and tell others don't be like that dumb guy in that minivan and go east to New Mexico for the summer! lol

Every time I cross into New Mexico I will forever think of this...

[img=300x200]https://image.shutterstock.com/shut...-back-road-sign-billboard-416356837.jpg[/img]

So true about the wifi. The AZ park I am in even charges for "wifi" now though you can download faster by copying it out of a book.

I use visible for all my data needs. Without visible I would be outta luck. BTW visible now has free canada & mexico, and is helpful as you will hit some mexico towers in southern AZ.
-crofter

They are just trying to mellow out all the upset campers! LOL!!!