New here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WanderingRose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve been lurking awhile, and have been consistently impressed with the kindness, support and practical advice available and extended to everyone here by Bob and the membership.

I have really enjoyed reading others posts and stories, and feeling the compassion and caring you have for each other.

I have decided this is a good place for me, among kindred spirits of several kinds, so finally joined just today.  I’d like to think I will not only continue to learn as part of this community, but have knowledge and experiences that may help others.

I have RV’d for 16 years, am not mechanically inclined so hire out most repairs but can squeeze blood out of a turnip and have lots of other practical life skills.

I am a retired senior female, widowed 5 years, with a couple of chronic but stable health issues and am otherwise healthy, active and traveling with a dog in an older Class B motorhome. 

I have a small house, grown kids and grands, so am about 6 months each year on the road these days, which ends up being most of the winter and then off and on summer to fall.

I would love to get to RTR and WRTR, but am in the upper Midwest and it is just too far, at least for this year.  

I am home now until after the holidays, then plan to roam in warmer temps for a few months.

Just saying Hi, and thanks for having me. 

Rose

Welcome to the CRVL forums Rose! Hope you can make it to the WRTR and RTR sometime in the future! There are a few informal gatherings throughout the year so maybe you will be able to go to one of them. Check under the Gatherings heading when you get back on the road.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Wandering Rose . . . my mom traveled in an RV for a lot of years, and her last was a class B. She sure loved the wandering lifestyle and I guess, has passed that on to me... though I'll be in a van. Welcome to the forum... glad to have you here!

Hi Rose!
Maybe we can visit some time since I'm in the area!

Thanks, travelaround! I’ve been following your posts, and enjoy them.

Gardenias, I would like that. Send me a pm sometime.

I really admire the ingenuity, creativity and determination of everyone here, the do what you can with what you have mindset.

Also, the deep undercurrent of supporting and helping those who are struggling with life in whatever way.

You are a wonderful resource.