New Guy From Boise

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Figured I'd stop being creepy and lurking around, and say hi. This forum is incredible. I just finished watching a YouTube video on living free with this guy named Bob I guess this is his forum? Cool!

I have plans to build a tiny home or a converted cargo trailer, and find some cheap property to bug out on. I joined another forum for tear drops and tiny homes, that seems to be dead. I interested in solar and alternative power. I'm gobbling up as much info as I can here. Nice to meet yall. [emoji111]

Edit... Btw, are there any slabbers or slab visitors willing to give me some advice on my first trip down there in November?

Oh, this forum is never quiet! There is such a wide range of experience and expertise here -- you will keep loving it as the info and friendliness does not stop.

Yes, this is Bob Wells' forum. He funds running by the support he gets with Amazon purchases via his blog link. At the top of this forum screen, you'll see Home Blog Forums --- click on Blog and you will see his latest posts. They sort of rotate between showing us great scenic drives, wonderful free campsites, and how-to article on various conversions or camp setups (like making shade). You'll also find links up there to dozens and dozens of articles.. all in addition to what is on the forum topics.

A few years ago, I purchased the Kindle edition of Bob's book, and that gave me the confidence to put together a very primitive van conversion that allowed me to just get on the road and live in nature for more than 6 months. I will be doing that again in 2016.

Latest posts