New Comer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladeeblaze

Reaction score
Hello!!!
I am Ladeeblaze AKA Olivia Wong. I'm 56, retired, and love the out doors. I am planning to go full time in something on wheels. I have always lived small. For me no transition needed. For me a blessing came from tragedy. My husband passed, now I am able to retire. Not only will I be a nomad, snowbird, adventurer... I will be happy!!!
Ladeeblaze is my handle given to me from San Diego 4Wheelers in 1997. I do still use my CB.
I am a huger so when you meet me give me a squeeze! :D

Welcome to the CRVL forums Olivia! It sounds like vandwelling will be a perfect fit for you. Hope to see you at the RTR!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi, hugs to you Olivia. My first time on here so I am a newbie. I wish you the very best in safe travels as you embark on many happy adventures. Carolyn aka Dragon mom

dragonmom361 said:
Hi, hugs to you Olivia. My first time on here so I am a newbie. I wish you the very best in safe travels as you embark on many happy adventures. Carolyn aka Dragon mom
Thank you Carolyn, blessings on your travel also. I will be headed to the van build in Nov. I am just working on ideas right now. I do know that I am getting rid of my Subaru. Hope to meet you!

HI and welcome
I am sorry for the loss of your husband, sending prayers to your family. {{Hugs!}}

It sounds tho you have a definite fun future and adventures before you :) Wonderful! Best of luck to you!

RoamerRV428 said:
HI and welcome
I am sorry for the loss of your husband, sending prayers to your family. {{Hugs!}}

It sounds tho you have a definite fun future and adventures before you :) Wonderful! Best of luck to you!
Thank you, My husband had no quality of life for the last 2 1/2 years. I am glad he has gone home. It was for the best. Life is for living, I will be living as if there is no tomorrow. God has blessed me with an opportunity to this beautiful country on my terms. Hugs!!!

sounds like your ready for the road.... good luck in your travels and hope to meet you during your travels
jT
I am so ready!!!! I will be at RTR in a Subaru. I have my pic so everyone will know who to look for. Hugs!

Hi and welcome. I've met quite a few people here who have lost their spouses. My husband died very suddenly. There are no words to say how much I miss him. I think we'll be in fine company at WRTR and RTR. Hope to see you, there.

Peace  :heart:

... There are no words to say how much I miss him. I think we'll be in fine company at WRTR and RTR. Hope to see you, there.
I will be at the WRTR, and will be staying for RTR. I hope to have something more than a tent by then. Hugs! I know what you mean about missing a husband. I still cry sometimes, in spite of knowing it was for the best. I am hoping to just surround myself with good good people. I don't believe in mistakes...Just lemons for lemonade. Some days are harder than others. But this to shall pass. It has to. Hugs

lemons from lemonade is a very great outlook on life
I won't be in the area but I would love to meet you and your upbeat personality :)
We always must make true life decision about what 'real life truly is' and although hard, I feel every life has chapters. Some end earlier than others, but one must continue their own personal story thru true grief and we all have more chapters and we must all continue to thrive thru those.

ladeeblaze said:
... There are no words to say how much I miss him. I think we'll be in fine company at WRTR and RTR. Hope to see you, there.
I will be at the WRTR, and will be staying for RTR. I hope to have something more than a tent by then. Hugs! I know what you mean about missing a husband. I still cry sometimes, in spite of knowing it was for the best. I am hoping to just surround myself with good good people. I don't believe in mistakes...Just lemons for lemonade.  Some days are harder than others. But this to shall pass. It has to. Hugs
See you there! I think I'll still tent-camp. I see many others are. There's a thread somewhere in here about the proper tent stakes to use. I need to re-read the posts on that.

#1 for a positive attitude 

(even when it hurts just to breathe, sometimes...) 

Peace

Condolences and hugs back to you, ladeeblaze. Hope to meet you at the WRTR/RTR. It will be the first for me, traveling in a silver SUV. I was planning for a while to *upgrade* to a van or class B, but then I decided to start with what was familiar, and figure it out from there. I slept in it on month long xcountry road trip last fall, and worked out fine. But minimal journey as I pack and repack before I hit the road in November. But lots of room for hugs. Safe travels.

I've been watching nomads, minimalist, van dwellers you tubes... I think i need a 4x4 SUV or van. let me know what you decide on and why. Hugs

Hi, Ladeeblaze, I hope I will meet you at the WRTR in January 2019 - I have never been to one before. I'll be traveling in a 2005 Ford Taurus and will have a tent. Hopefully, a large one! What fun to make plans for this. I'm still living in an apartment and I've got a huge task ahead of me - downsizing (though I did most of it in 2013, moving out of a 3br house) . . . so, hopefully, within about six months, I can become a full time vandweller.