National Mammography Day

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LivGolden

Reaction score
This year marks my 20th anniversary FREE. I might not be here to say that had my husband not tricked me into having my first mammogram at age 40. I thought I was just fine with my healthy lifestyle and a positive attitude. I was proven wrong on that very visit!

If you're traveling, most major cities offer free mammograms at least each month at either a clinic or a mobile unit.

Having a mammogram does not have to be a negative experience. A nice man taught me that.  :heart:

Yeah, I’ve got to schedule mine next week.  I was going to skip it (in my 70s) but my 60ish neighbor just finding out she has stage 4 breast cancer changed my mind.  Her arm was severely swollen.  Her nurse niece apparently suspected the diagnosis; took her to the doctor; and test confirmed her suspicions.  It’s metastasized elsewhere, too.  So, ladies, let’s bite the bullet and just getter done, along with the dreaded colonoscopy, so we can enjoy healthy and happy rv/van lives for many years to come.

Yes! Good! I'll be thinking about you in all kinds of positive ways.  :heart: 

I was foolish not to have had a mammogram until age 40. My head was in the sand. This even after my mother's grandmother; my mother and an aunt were all diagnosed. Eventually, I would lose my sister to it. Thank goodness I had a wonderful husband who made it happen. And though I was diagnosed, it was a blessing that I was made to go. But no woman should be made to go. I was foolish. Was... ;)

Who knows maybe someday if the WRTR takes hold for a long term annual event it could be arranged for a mobile mammogram clinic to come to a nearby location for at least a morning or afternoon.

And what an opportunity for a mobile blood unit. Good things.  :heart: