My new E-350 Extended van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<EM><STRONG><SPAN style="COLOR: #888888">Looks great coultergiest,</SPAN></STRONG></EM><BR><EM><STRONG><SPAN style="COLOR: #888888">&nbsp;That shower is a handy thing to have onboard. You cabinets are looking great aswell. I guess, now that it should be warming up over your side of the globe it will quicken up the staining/varnishing process.</SPAN></STRONG></EM><BR><EM><STRONG><SPAN style="COLOR: #888888">Geoff</SPAN></STRONG></EM>

Thanks Geoff.&nbsp; <br><br>Thanks for the encouragement.&nbsp; It is coming together.&nbsp; Weather is getting a bit nicer.&nbsp; It is starting to get pretty warm.&nbsp; Rain is the biggest issue right now.&nbsp; Hopefully, it will cooperate long enough to get the cabinets completely finished up.&nbsp; I am getting pretty weary of the staining and urethaning cycle.&nbsp; Wiring and plumbing are starting to look pretty good at this point.&nbsp; <br><br>Patrick

I'm having trouble getting my pictures to post.&nbsp; I will as soon as I can get it to work.&nbsp; I finished up both side panels on the driver's side cabinet area.&nbsp; I also got most of the doors put on.&nbsp; All the latches are on as well.&nbsp; That takes a little while because you have to make sure everything is lines up properly.&nbsp; I also got the doors on the cabinet under the bench seat.&nbsp; It's really starting to look pretty good in my opinion.&nbsp;

I tried again and got it to work this time.&nbsp; This is the cabinet under the bench seat.&nbsp;

This is the cabinet area as seen from the front of the van.&nbsp; Glare makes it a little hard to see, but all but two of the cabinet doors are done.

I took a break from wood working and worked on water stuff today.&nbsp; The sink in the van came from an old pop-up camper.&nbsp; The drain was in rough shape.&nbsp; I bought a new drain assembly and got it installed today.

Worked on the water supply lines yesterday and today.&nbsp; This picture shows everything connected to the fresh water tank.&nbsp; The top hose is the vent line.&nbsp; The hose attached to the lower left goes to the 12v pump.&nbsp; The large port is the fill port.&nbsp; The Y-adapter hanging down is where city water would attach to.&nbsp; On/Off knobs on the Y-adapter allows you to individually turn on or off the water supply to the tank for filling up or to the faucet.

This gives an idea of how the city water hose would be connected.&nbsp; It will go through the port in the back door and then attach to the Y-adapter.&nbsp; I will probably use a quick disconnect on the hose to make it easier.

This is the portable dish washer attachment on the faucet.&nbsp; It is basically a quick disconnect for a faucet.&nbsp; My shower hose will attach to this.&nbsp; Should simplify water lines a good bit.&nbsp; Being where it is, I can use it for the shower inside the vehicle or open the side door and use it outside as well.

This is how I routed the water tank vent hose.&nbsp; Basically, it just feeds up into the door post.&nbsp; It has clamps on it at bed level to hold it in place.&nbsp; This will allow air into the tank so that it can drain or fill easily.&nbsp; I wanted it to be high enough up so that there was no possibility of water leaking from it when the vehicle is in motion.&nbsp; There is a screen on the high end to keep out dust or anything else.

I removed the original switched outlet in the kitchen area and replaced it with&nbsp;this GFCI outlet.&nbsp; I figure it was better to be safe considering how close to the sink it is.&nbsp; It also gives me two outlets in place of the original one.&nbsp; It also has a built in night light.&nbsp;

I installed the switched outlet that I replaced with a GFCI outlet on the other side of the kitchen area.&nbsp; It is tied into the GFCI outlet, so both&nbsp;outlets are ground fault protected.&nbsp; I put it up a little higher so that there shouldn't be any problems with it being too close to the stove.

I also got the hole cut for the outlet by the bench seat on the driver's side of the van.&nbsp; I should be able to get this wired in the next day or two.&nbsp; After that I have one more 120 volt outlet to install and then only 12v wiring will remain to be done.

The supply place finally got me the last drawer slide set in a few days ago.&nbsp; I got all of the drawers put in.&nbsp; This is what they look like.&nbsp;

I finished up the outlet on the driver's side today.&nbsp; I also got the 12v receptacle and its switch installed above it.&nbsp;

This is the connector for the pump that will go in the grey water cooler.&nbsp; The cooler has to be removable so it can be dumped externally if at a camp ground or somewhere it would be a problem for it just to drain.&nbsp; This will allow the pump to stay in the cooler and just be disconnected and reconnected quickly as needed.

The main thing I've worked on the last several days has been wiring.&nbsp; The fresh water pump and the grey water pump and their switches have been wired.&nbsp; Those are the two switches on the left.&nbsp; The switch next to it will control cabinet lighting.&nbsp; It is just about done.&nbsp; The last 12v switch will be kept in reserve right now.&nbsp; I haven't completely decided what to control with it yet.&nbsp;

This is the nearly complete power panel.&nbsp; I have a few more 12v lines to run and test and then it will be complete.&nbsp; <br><br>My next major task will be to get the air conditioner exhaust hose installed.&nbsp; After that I can put the bed top on permanently and get the mattress in the van.&nbsp;

I've been&nbsp;trying to get more of the cabinet pieces in over the last several days.&nbsp; I finished up the Driver's side bed area shelf today.&nbsp; It is smaller than the bed shelf on the passenger side.&nbsp; I wanted to keep the lower part in the main cabinet area to help with storing longer items.&nbsp;

Finally got this little door put on today.&nbsp; I've had it for a while.&nbsp; With it on, the passenger side cabinet area is nearly complete.&nbsp; All that's really needed is the thumb latch for this door and to finish up cabinet light wiring and tv wiring.

Latest posts