my first Rtr 2019(job opportunities?)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meterjoe

Reaction score
Hello all!!!
My name is joe. Im 35 yrs old and me and my blue heeler are traveling to the rtr from Bellingham Washington in my 2005 Astro cargo van. I’ve been living this lifestyle for a couple yrs now and I really want to engage and connect with the community more because I plan on continuing to live this way for years to come(god willing) Anyway. I have heard that there is opportunities for work once you are down there and I would greatly appreciate any information on the subject or where to get the information. I have a great resume (worked on the railroad for years) but I am a bit rough around the edges (heavily tattooed) and am hoping there’s a place for me[emoji846] at the rtr and possibly temporary employment in the area.
Thanks everyone! IMG_0736.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    1.6 MB
that's the funniest looking Blue Healer I have ever seen, LOL.

the jobs at RTR are voluntary, in other words no pay.

I think the jobs you are talking about are the big tent jobs they are mostly for campground hosts throughout the country and usually don't start until the spring/summer.

there are some jobs around Quartzsite this time of year. mostly in the service industry. good luck and see you there. highdesertranger

You ain’t right with you and that blue heeler. You may as well check in to the YARC thread now.

While all of the jobs at the RTR are voluntary, there will be sessions dealing with finding jobs for nomads.  Also the big tent starts just as the RTR ends and they have recruiters for several businesses that hire nomads for part-time work.

Thanks guys!!! Yea the big tent is what I’m thinking/ heard about. Where do I find information on the big tent? Oh that’s my sisters dog dilly bean ha!! IMG_0668.jpg here’s my dog rusty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    1.2 MB
Try contacting RailPros Field Services - Phoenix, AZ
Thatis a company I found listed in the area near Quartzsite who are hiring people with railroad experience. Some of the jobs are for on call labor. Actually they are a nationwide company so it might be a useful connection for someone who likes being nomadic and can travel to various job opportunities. (I myself have no experience with them).
http://www.railprosfs.com/

If you haven't tried Coolworks.com a lot of seasonal job sources are listed there, safe travels!

Latest posts