Moving forward

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome! that Range looks familiar, probably the same Coleman 3 burner + Oven I have on my old TT
That's a pretty big trailer, I hope your Edge deals with it better than my Ranger deals with mine
Luckily I'm not mobile at the moment

ArtW said:
Welcome! that Range looks familiar, probably the same Coleman 3 burner + Oven I have on my old TT
That's a pretty big trailer, I hope your Edge deals with it better than my Ranger deals with mine
Luckily I'm not mobile at the moment

Hi ArtW,
I have been around and around with various pro folks about what I can safely pull etc.  This one weighs in as 1200 unloaded and I can pull 3500 according to Ford.  So I too am hoping...if not....one or the other goes...which is a big hastle.  OR maybe both.

I look forward to Bob's next video in his series about buying an RV and his review and what he has observed etc.

JoyceRVLegacy said:
Hi ArtW,
I have been around and around with various pro folks about what I can safely pull etc.  This one weighs in as 1200 unloaded and I can pull 3500 according to Ford.  So I too am hoping...if not....one or the other goes...which is a big hastle.  OR maybe both.

I look forward to Bob's next video in his series about buying an RV and his review and what he has observed etc.

What is your GVWR on the trailer? How about CCC on the Edge? Noone goes in an empty trailer. May want to do some math to make sure your safe to pull it.

OutdoorFT said:
What is your GVWR on the trailer? How about CCC on the Edge? Noone goes in an empty trailer. May want to do some math to make sure your safe to pull it.

Empty as in, no food, supplies as yet. I have had 3 people do this calculation business with the sticker, the manual etc. and each one has a different opinion or result. Finally the service guy at Ford looked it all up for me.

What I will do is take it down to a weigh station and see for myself.    

900 cargo lbs for the Edge...actually 700 +- subtracting me and my dog. I have a Standard Poodle, Mr. Darcy.

Thanks!