Most frequently used vehicles for Van Dwelling

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, you think it will take that long then?
I am only guessing. :)

I think this year is going to be a wild one in many ways. But at least the archery sets should be cheap and we can hunt squirrels.

If 75% of people used one type of vehicle, that would not mean it is the right choice for you. Each type has advantages and disadvantages. One used to be able to do a poll on this forum. That would give you better idea of statistics. My guess would be full size van. They were made for so many years. SUVs are only a recent trend. Years ago they were called station wagons few lived in them then.

I am only guessing. :)

I think this year is going to be a wild one in many ways. But at least the archery sets should be cheap and we can hunt squirrels.
You got it. The squirrels option crossed my mind as well to be honest!
I agree with you on the predictability of these times which is to say it's not really very predictable.

I think you can make a few categories.
First are regular full sized vans. Either cargo or passenger. People have been living out of these for decades. Even before the current DIY van conversion fad.
You have the schoolies. People buy used school busses, rip out the seats and build a whole RV inside. In the full sized ones you get a ton of space. Great for families.
Then there are the similar but kind of more challenging ambulance and box van conversions. People forget that ambulances are almost all diesel, and they look big but a lot of that size is taken up by storage space.
Last but not least, you have mini vans. Excellent gas mileage, but you have to give up a lot of space and really minimize the size of your cookset and personal items.