Hello again

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so awesome!! I have been thinking of something similar but I hadn't considered Nicaragua. Most of those "expat" forums seem to be for rich people (at least they are always talking about hiring contractors and maids and real estate lawyers). Nice to know a normal-budget person who has done this. It's a real confidence boost, ¡gracias!

That is so awesome!! I have been thinking of something similar but I hadn't considered Nicaragua. Most of those "expat" forums seem to be for rich people (at least they are always talking about hiring contractors and maids and real estate lawyers). Nice to know a normal-budget person who has done this. It's a real confidence boost, ¡gracias!
You're welcome people when they come down here to expats. There's one community I mean, there's a lot of communities, but it tend to be much larger places. I'm happy with the 2 bedroom 600 square foot house or apartment, but to give you some context, you can buy a brand new 3 bedroom, one bad normal house. In Nicaragua for $16000 brand new, I was offered a $400 apartment fully furnished with refrigerating all that a $300 unfurnished 3 bedroom, 3 bath house with a Courtyard. So there's lots of possibilities. It's just a matter of taking the time to look. I'm bewilling to not live like an american but as a nicaraguan... The average income of a Nicaraguan is $200 a month.So when you come down here with even six hundred dollars a month , you can do pretty well

Great climate, it's not too hot, not too cold.I'm ten miles from the beach and the buses cost anywhere from sixteenth cents too 2 dollars to go a mile to sixty miles away so here I am enjoying life
So @frodo2222 are you near the Pacific coast? in the mountains (don't know how far those are from the beach, but I'm wondering since you say the climate is great)? is the public transportation generally pretty good/can you get out into rural or wilderness areas with it? do you worry about the political unrest at all? are people as friendly as the tourist and expat literature says?
inquiring minds wish to know ....

So @frodo2222 are you near the Pacific coast? in the mountains (don't know how far those are from the beach, but I'm wondering since you say the climate is great)? is the public transportation generally pretty good/can you get out into rural or wilderness areas with it? do you worry about the political unrest at all? are people as friendly as the tourist and expat literature says?
inquiring minds wish to know ....
Yep 10 miles from beach, buses go everywhere, all pretty cheap..can go to Costa Rica Capitol for 10 to 30 depending on what kind of bus...I don't have any issues with the political situation at all and yes the locals are very friendly for sure