More "Appreciation" for Bob

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirsty Boots Nomad

Reaction score
The thread about Amazon affiliate commissions Bob gets when we make our Amazon purchases through his link (and who doesn't make purchases from Amazon from time to time, lol) reminded me of another revenue stream that we can show our appreciation through --- the "advertising" that shows up with his YouTube videos.  If you watch the entire "commercial(s)", rather than hitting the "Skip Ad" button, Bob gets slightly more from his monetized videos.  It's not much, but it all adds up, and a few extra seconds of our time is a little enough cost for all the quality information we receive through Bob's efforts.

There are metrics also in terms of whether you watch the whole thing. Not sure how that translates to money but it is tracked.

I don't do much on You-Tube but there is some sort of share function that also seems to be a big deal.

For Vloggers I follow I do try to watch some of the commercials and I try to watch to the end. It's a very little thing but I suppose it adds up.

I would like to see Bob do a video about pets and advice while camping, etc. Bob? Can you hear me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You don't have to WATCH them, just choose that time to get some coffee or hot soup, or let the dog out (or in).

TrainChaser said:
You don't have to WATCH them, just choose that time to get some coffee or hot soup, or let the dog out (or in).

True, ... but most aren't long enough for that (still like the way you think, lol)