Minivan Life Discussions

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbankid12

Reaction score
I been living in an 06 Honda Odyssey for a few months now and just wondering if there are other people out there living this same life looking to talk about the struggles, thoughts, ideals, tips, and just be a way for us to relate and compare our builds and get ideas.  I feel like I don’t fit in the RV or Van or Car section but maybe there are not that many minivan dwellers as maybe it’s more of a stepping stone? I been thinking I love the freedom of my minivan but maybe I have much more to learn from others.  But yea, if you live in a minivan don’t be shy say hello!

I will be urban  camping from the middle of January  the build is not complete  yet in my NV200 mini cargo van. Lots of learning ahead.

I'll be part timing in a mini van (Chrysler Town & Country). Still keeping the home base for now, have teenagers that aren't done with high school yet. I just finished acquiring all the stuff for comfort and I've decided to keep this one simple with a "no-build" conversion that I can set up and break down in under an hour. I'm sure I'll be traveling alone for the most part. My partner works a LOT and the kids won't want to go (their loss). I won't be headed out until the snow melts here in PA. I know you said you were looking for people who live in them, but maybe you want to talk to a part-timer too sometimes? :)

I think this site is universally accepting of any form of camping. My wife, and I pull a 32' hardtop travel trailer with a big slideout, but I yearn for a more simple, easy solution that can fit in smaller spaces.

I applaud you for getting out there, and making something happen, if you need more room, you can always upgrade later, but just enjoy your freedom now.

I'll be getting a minivan in the spring. It will be my primary vehicle and I may need to be stealthy. I'll stay in it on weekends and between assignments (traveling lab tech). I may or may not get a bigger van when I stop working, but who knows? I may continue with the minivan.

I know there are lots of vids on YouTube of people living out of minivans. You could type "vanlife minivan" in the search box.

Latest posts