Mini-Van Bed Placement

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldwolf said:
I am going to start building a bed this week, but honestly, sometimes I think a nice cot would be a lot less troublesome. 

Nothing wrong with a cot as long as your planned storage will fit underneath it. I had bed on the drivers side because the passenger side is where the curb is.
I did remove the passenger seat ('05 T&C) but that space didn't work as well as I hoped (I put in a kitchen that I moved to the back) so I later bought a replacement from a wrecking yard.

Only thing I considered was safe loading/[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]unloading[/font] on the curb side while parallel parked. I placed my bed behind the driver seat.

GypsyJan said:
I have swing-out doors on my RAV4. My cot is on the passenger side as the driver's seat would be pushed too far forward otherwise. I can get to the cot via the right rear passenger door or by crawling over the console from the driver's seat.

I think cots aren’t used enough. I just bought a go-cot at a estate sale. It packs down very small