Media says we are loosers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigskybob said:
I agree with Lennie.Just as a lot of society looks down on and stigmatizes all homeless,the vehicle dwellers are guilty of saying everyone with a home and job are miserable and living in a prison.I think 90% of folks on either side are happy with their lives.

I agree 100%. There was a guy I used to work with at my last job. He was always bragging about how he had the biggest, most expensive house of anyone at the company, even the owners. He had a Jaguar. He had the perfect wife and the perfect kids...and he told me, "I could have that too if I worked hard". The thing is, I had very little and I was happy. A year or two later he was upside down with his mortgage (2008 housing market crash), he was getting a divorce, etc. 

We all have our ups and downs, but I refuse to have that, "The Grass is Greener" philosophy going on for me. I'm not out to impress anyone else or live by their standards. I am living how I want to live and in a way that gives me the least stress and the most happiness.

I lost my wife too (to cancer) and eventually my house (due to layoff). I've struggled, but I will just keep right on going, as long as I can.

Jessica's book is about as fair and positive as you can find on any subject and an enjoyable read to boot!