May offer services

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super_Dave

Reaction score
Hey all, I have checked in here before, I've yet to launch my travels. I have started selling stuff out of my house and will probably not be able to join until perhaps this time next year. We shall see. 
What I wanted to announce is, I will be looking for a trailer with living quarters and some room for a small tool shop. I would like to be that person you can come to for repairs and/or troubleshooting issues. From a lifetime of technical experience, in several areas, from plumbing, electrical, hydraulics, mechanical. To sewing, welding, aerial photography, videography, creative writing and much more. 
I don't need to charge a bunch of money. I'm thinking, whatever you could afford, share a meal, or even free if you're really short on funds. And of course, no charge if I can't fix it.  No vagabonds left behind. 
I just want to offer my services to fellow travelers when I get there. And if I can make some gas money while I'm living out there, that would be great. 
Hopefully I would like to save some people the hassle of finding a reliable tech in some remote town for an ungodly amount of cash. I'll let everyone know when I get there, and if the word gets around, just text a brief description and GPS coordinates, and we'll go from there. 
 I'll be traveling with tools and equipment to find temp work anyway. Is this something anyone would like to have available?

Absolutely Super-Dave, I would take you up on your offer of help. I have no trailer to offer but can compensate you. Let me know when you open shop!

Yes, that would be great. I'm sure travelers would appreciate it. I need to get solar. And of course I am a older person, I cannot do anything like that. I am trying to get rid of as much as I can. Thought I'd I would bring some misc. And see if anyone can use. The little bit u get out your things. And if I'm to have to give it away. I rather give it to someone in need. And I'm sure they would appreciate it more,, than a person that gets things real cheap,, and they sell it for high dollar. See u out there..

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

I’m sure you’d have a lot of work. Great idea!

LERCA said:
I’m sure you’d have a lot of work. Great idea!
Thank you all for the kind support. So I'm leaning towards a toy hauler where I can separate the back half with a heavy tarp like curtain to keep dust from the living quarters to a minimum. I'm actually going to have to downsize my tool collection with a focus on this specific area. I should be able to help people with tire and wheel issues, belts, hoses, fluids, etc. Most mechanical things from valve covers outwards. Also troubleshooting most any camper issues with diagnostic tools. Guess I'll sell most of the wood shop tools and downsize two rolling tool boxes. I already have decades worth of nuts, bolts, clamps, electrical connectors, and way more than I can list today. 
I'll let you know my website name when I get trademark protection, because it's really good and quite fitting.
Thanks again, and I'm open to particular suggestions you may like to see available.

brandywinemylove said:
Yes, that would be great. I'm sure  travelers would appreciate it. I need to get solar. And of course I am a older person, I cannot do anything like that. I  am trying to get rid of as much as I can. Thought I'd I would bring some misc. And see if anyone can use. The little bit u get out your things. And if I'm to have to give  it away. I rather give it to someone in need. And I'm sure they would appreciate it more,, than a person that gets things real cheap,, and they sell it for high dollar. See u out there..

Thank you for your response. Actually, electrical is one of my specialties with a degree in electrical engineering and most of that experience in semiconductor plants working on complex silicon crystal pullers used to manufacture pure silicon ingots for solar panels. Not saying I'm an expert in the science of solar, but electricity, whether AC or DC has the same properties regardless of the source and is very doable.

Be sure you hang onto some of those woodshop tools. One of the things people are most in need of are beds, cabinets and drawers for cabinets. So a portable tablesaw and small router table that will allow you to make smooth cuts will be well worth the space they occupy. Of couse couse a random orbital sander and jigsaw are also good basics.

Just an affordable DIYb concept for the space divider to consider.
My friend who has a workshop in a cargo trailer has it divided up into a clean area and dusty area. He created sliding doors ising teinwall polycabonate panels. It keeps dust out,lets light through but also helpS with insulation as he needs to kerp the clean area at a warm temperature when running jhis 3D printer.

Super Dave. I got a 2016 20 ft toyhauler. Only pulled it 3 times. Got it new.I just got threw putting 4 new 10 ply tires. Has electric brakes on all 4 tires. I also a high dollar electric jack plus a expensive marine battery. We might can work out something. Have done nothing to it as yet. Right now its my storage on wheels. I thought I would get. A bus of some kind, take all the out and get to work.its a v nose

You have my attention. I have my eye on a Weekend Warrior in immaculate condition. They're asking $9800, I'll offer $9000.
What do you have, what are you asking and where is it located. You can PM me. I would appreciate that.

maki2 said:
Be sure you hang onto some of those woodshop tools. 

Yes, thank you. I plan on keeping the chop saw, sanders, impact driver, screw gun, etc., etc. I will have a pretty complete set for metal and wood. And if I do a toyhauler, I will separate the back with a heavy plastic curtain and get a fan pushing positive air pressure.