Making a change, RV Living.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSabatini

Reaction score
Well hello and back again after a very hard life change ordeal last year and now looking at possibly getting an RV, a small one. 
Been looking at convenience and comfort due to physical body changes and learning to accept it, 'm getting old! 
The more I'm seeing things the more I'm starting to believe getting an RV is better than what I originally wanted, a cargo trailer and build it. 
Problem is Id have to start all over and save to buy something to pull it! Near my neighborhood there is a MiniWini Winebago and everyday I walk 
my dog I see this compact Mini Wini and wonder who's the hell it is because nobody is in it and looks like something I could be very-very
comfortable in and just the right size to take anywhere safely. 

I'm currently living in a very nice apartment with housing assistance but its driving me nuts living in these four walls. With the stupidly low rent I'm paying and almost nothing of utilities I have been saving quite a bit but if I hold on a bit longer I may have even more to save and get a nicer RV, nothing over 10K that is. In fact, around 6K would be ideal. 

Knowing I have a place to live I am considering to live part time and take very  long trips and see if this is the right thing for me and the healthiest.  The people in my building are mostly older people who have almost nothing left to live for except for a couch and TV with the security of low rent and thats fine but I year and year every day to see a tree, a pine tree, an ocean, Baja, Sea of Cortez, camp in national parks or travel to Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, and try to find places where i can park as long as I can. 

I'm 53 and single and refuse to live in these four walls the rest of my life like my neighbors. Soon, very soon I believe my RV will come along and I'll fly away with my little dog with the pleasure of meeting friendly people. And I do hope the next RTR is not like last year so I can see this event for the first time and make friends who also might want to caravan or even go on long trips, even to Baja. I'll be very prepared with  enough solar panel power and lots of tools to help out one in need and modify my RV. 

My "golden years?" Living in an apartment? No fkgn way! Like Carly Simon sang "these are the good ol' days." 

My good ol' days are traveling, not sitting in a box apartment! 

Hi everyone? 

Mr. Sabatini. 
PS Any leads to an RV under 6K (I"m in California, San Diego) would be appreciated. I can also rent a car to see one if its not in San Diego (I dont have a vehicle).

PSS The attached picture is not mine,  I found it online and saw myself parked along the coast or Sea of Cortez with my RV enjoying life, need a kayak, fishing poles, a scooter, mountain bike, and a good female to join me for a cold beer (no alcoholics or druggies please).

"Golden years" is not a personal insult. Gold is "wealth" and wealth come in many forms other than monetary. What it means is that seniors get to have a wealth of fun and reap the rewards of hard work in earlier years because they have a lot more freedom to do so.

Welcome Mr. Sabatini to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

I too thought I would be happy in an affordable senior apt. It seemed to be the answer that I was waiting for all of these years. After a few short months I see that it is not for me afterall. Unfortunately, I can't embark upon my nomad life until my elderly mom passes away. I'm glad though that I realized that I now have a new future to look forward to rather than resigning myself to a subsidized apartment, even if it is nice.

Welcome to CRVL!