Long time listener, first time caller...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaBsTs

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Travis and I'm new here. I've been building a van over the past few months and was recently evicted because of my dog and being laid off during the first months of the pandemic. So I was in the process of becoming a nomad and when I look back, I have always been one. Being evicted just hurried the process alone. First, I want to thank you all for the information I took from here and youtube to build my van out and second I wanted to say Hi from myself and Beans, my cattle dog.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Travis and Beans! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Dogs are the best travel companions and cattle dogs are smart. It’s better than traveling with a human.

travelaround said:
Hi Travis - welcome to the site and to nomadery. I thought evictions were not allowed during the epidemic.
I'm from Georgia and thought the same thing. You have to basically hire a lawyer and get multiple forms signed by your Drs that say you need to not be evicted. I didn't have the money to pay rent, so how am I supposed to hire a lawyer and pay a Dr to fill out forms??? Doesn't make much sense but it kicked my plan into a higher gear and I'm ok with that. I really hate it for others who do not have a plan...

Welcome to the CRVL Forums  :)

You and Beans have safe travels together.   I have had two Dachshunds (not both at the same time) that I traveled with in my Van rigs.   I think they enjoyed our travels more than I did.  LOL   When I was on the Atlantic coast she would dig up sand fleas & fiddler crabs.   She all but put us in the business of selling live bait to the fishermen there.

Welcome Travis, the pup sure is beautiful. If you like hiking and dogs you will love reading John Muir‘s writings including stories of the sheep dog he had when he was herding sheep. and a beautiful little pup name stic-Kean (spelling?) who accompanied him on long winter dangerous hikes. That dog was special and away your writes is fantastic. No nature lover or dog lover or hiker should miss reading him.

Turning an eviction from a calamity into an opportunity...that's a great way to look at things. Best wishes on your journey

PaBsTs said:
Hi, my name is Travis and I'm new here. I've been building a van over the past few months and was recently evicted because of my dog and being laid off during the first months of the pandemic. So I was in the process of becoming a nomad and when I look back, I have always been one. Being evicted just hurried the process alone. First, I want to thank you all for the information I took from here and youtube to build my van out and second I wanted to say Hi from myself and Beans, my cattle dog.

Damn bud, lot of that going around for sure. Hope the build and everything else goes well.

gslanm said:
Damn bud, lot of that going around for sure. Hope the build and everything else goes well.
Thank you! The videos on youtube do not show the frustration of trying to make things fit in a van that do not belong in there! I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I should be done this weekend.