Intro

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually... I do... I want people to have a proper amount of caution, slight fear even... before venturing out. I have only been on the road for 18 months and I have seen many people that were just no prepared in a number of ways, as wel;l aspeople making bad decisions ( which cannot be prepared for) ...

I want to at least try to scare them off..... if it doesn't because they are prepared, or it makes them think a bit deeper, this is a good thing. If it doesn't and they do the face fall, they had the chance to rethink things...
Just saying they don't have to have those things. Be aware, yes. Do your homework, yes. But if you don't have experience as a mechanic, or aren't a techie or haven't changed a tire... don't let that stop you. There are many successful nomads who are inexperienced and unskilled in repairing vehicles.

Just saying they don't have to have those things. Be aware, yes. Do your homework, yes. But if you don't have experience as a mechanic, or aren't a techie or haven't changed a tire... don't let that stop you. There are many successful nomads who are inexperienced and unskilled in repairing vehicles.
Exactly. Livin life in fear is no way to live Life. Git out there and live it. Yeah you’ll fall on ur face. So what?! None of us git out of Here alive anyway. Git up & keep on trukin.
No 1 no matter their situation goes thru Life unscathed. Don’t turn yourself into a psychological victim of your own fears otherwise you’ll have lived your entire life having never lived.
100% Peace & Security is the real Curse of Life.

If sum1 wants to live in their vehicle go frickin do it. If it ain’t for you; you’ll find out soon enuff and then you’ll find a different way to live your life that maybe is more about you being you.

jonny boi livin the dream

Hi! I’ve never been a part of a forum like this and though I’m sure it’s not rocket science, the format has already intimidated me and I’m worried I won’t communicate properly on it somehow. Lol Anyways… I’m Cherish. I’m an empty nester for over a year now and I’m realizing that I’m just sitting here rotting after a lifetime of being a single mom and not getting to do any fun things that I wanted to do….so I think I’m about to pull the trigger and change that. I want to see as much of the world as I can and I figure it’s best to start with my home country and a camper van seems like the least intimidating place to start for someone who’s never been camping. I might sell everything and takeoff and so begins my investigation of whether that is plausible sooner rather than later.
Hi Cherish, Then relies I read offer solid advice. All this is well meant and sharply thought out. Problem is that if you are green...and it sounds like you are...it will be overwhelming. so I see two critical areas for you to concentrate on. 1) the
right vehicle 2) Learning quickly the ins and outs of this lifestyle by camping those that have done it a lot.
Here goes. 1) Without knowing your vehicle experience or budget, this is tough. But here goes. A high-top van that has been built out with the basics: bed, kitchen counter, stove of some kind, propane supply, solar, portable heater. Use craigs list for simplicity, but only "for sale by OWNER", as these sellers know the vehicle and will give you an accurate picture of
what issues were dealt with, good pictures, current issues, they have had it quite a while so they know, and reason for selling. In other words "buy the seller" ( y0u feel they are transparent, factual and have the experience with the vehicle to
be credible. Doesn't matter if the new home is ideal for you...you will only grow to know that after you have lived with it quite awhile. They say 'buy your 3rd RV first". that is a true statement. I am in my 3rd motorhome and just celebrated a
full 20 years doing this. 2) Join a group and travel with them for a few months. Groups like WINS (wandering individuals
network) and LOWS (loners on wheels).
I hope you find this note, as it was fun to write and truly hope it helps a little. Dan H

PS A camper of just 5 years told me she was not sure it was for her, so instead of selling her house and taking a risk,
she got a home equity loan and within a few months, sold the house.

Welcome! I think you will have a good time exploring the possibilities and learning what will work for you, and we are glad to have you here.

ONE post.........never returned
She said she felt intimidated by posting in a forum and had NEVER camped before and was feeling nervous about that as well as about posting. So just one post and “poof” she has vanished. Not too surprising.

Hi! I’ve never been a part of a forum like this and though I’m sure it’s not rocket science, the format has already intimidated me and I’m worried I won’t communicate properly on it somehow. Lol Anyways… I’m Cherish. I’m an empty nester for over a year now and I’m realizing that I’m just sitting here rotting after a lifetime of being a single mom and not getting to do any fun things that I wanted to do….so I think I’m about to pull the trigger and change that. I want to see as much of the world as I can and I figure it’s best to start with my home country and a camper van seems like the least intimidating place to start for someone who’s never been camping. I might sell everything and takeoff and so begins my investigation of whether that is plausible sooner rather than later.

Latest posts