It's my time....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attorney Mike

Reaction score
I am a 55 year old attorney on the east coast- 20 years in practice- knowing that it is time to step back and shake up my world. Back in 1980 and 1982 I spent my summers touring the USA in a VW Bus - life was simple and joyful.  My story is very likely similar to many of those who decided that life is too short to be burdened and stressed.  My hope is to spend a year down sizing and learning from those in the know how to best plan for life in the right RV- for maybe a year or two- maybe longer.  Any mentors or those with the knowledge willing to get to know a little about my story and to share with me? My plan is to attend the RTR in January 2017.  Attorney Mike

Welcome Mike to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. looking forward to seeing you at RTR. highdesertranger

:) Greetings and Welcome.  

I joined in 12/15 and spent a lot of time reading everything under the subject headings on the first page including all the blogs. 

I think this site is great because we come from different backgrounds with different skill sets  and a huge knowledge base that people are happy to share.

Jewellann & Queenie...... The Untrained Guard Chihuahua

Hey, Mike!

You will find tons of info here, and the thread categories help keep much of it organized. As Jewellann said, reading Bob's blogs (especially the how-to's) give you a fairly quick base of knowledge. AND, for the past year or so, Enigmatic Nomads has produced YouTube videos of Bob visiting with all types of folks living in all types of rigs.

If you make regular visits here and contribute comments in various discussions, you'll find many of us will get to know your story. LOL... 'cause we're nosy that way. :)

Regular visits here can become part of your "chill factor" routine. Welcome.

Welcome to the CRVL Forum   :) 

I often mention the book  DR's Trip by Gurney Norman  and since you toured in a VW Van it may be a fun read for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Divine-Rights-Trip-Gurney-Norman/dp/0917788427

I'm surprised John Grisham hasn't picked up on the Van Living craze and created a story around it to thrill us with.

But you're welcome to examine my sties below to see if there is anything in them that you can benefit from.

Welcome Mike, great to see you here. Looking forward to meeting you at the RTR, it will be my first as well. Very helpful and friendly bunch here. I just moved into my van this last week; having fun. Take care and all the best.