NW planting done

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forrest Anna

Reaction score
I am an environmentalist, and I am working to heal the planet. I have been planting and rewilding the earth everywhere I've lived all my life, in New Mexico, Texas, California, Oklahoma, Colorado, and now in Oregon.
I go back, years later to see how they have grown. some are quite large, and starting their own forests, and that is my joy in life. I know how to make starters from adult trees and clone them , plant them, and care for them for a while.
Where I live now, I have planted a forest nursery of western cedar, sequia, and western hemlock.
My plans are next to go to New Mexico and Colorado and clone and grow pinyon trees, where I can, and if I have a place to start a tree, in Maine in the next few years, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. I try to go with indigenous trees, but take advice from locals and pros in the environmental movement.
I am 72, and have lived all over the west. When I was young- out east in Connecticut and Florida. My father was in the space industry, and took us all over the U.S. camping when I was a child.
At the university I studied environmental science back in the 1980's ,and scientists then had proof this was coming.
I was a teacher and I had a jeep, but now I have downsized to a toyota crossover, and I'm going in May, and go to Silver City first. Silver City is my new base, and I have a P.O. Box there, 4083.
I have a lifetime pass for all national parks, and will probably get a state pass for New Mexico in May. Luckily too, I have a big family, and friends, and am going to live some of the time in their homes, planting, and reconnecting with them.
Forrest Anna is what I am known as on YouTube, Reforrest the Earth

Thank you for your service. It would be great if you generated a following of devoted workers assisting your efforts. Student internships etc. Van Life could lend itself to this type of work and smaller spin off groups even pursue environmental entrepreneurship. Since large timber industries are always crowing about "capitalism", they could pay the "EE's" for the services of replacing trees they've cut instead of waiting for the Govt to pay "CCC" workers to do it and the Govt charge the tax payers for the "CCC" service to benefit the timber industry.

There is a free service in each state, started over 50 years ago by an act of Congress, to service small businesses that you should know about. It is known as SCORE.org (Service Corporation of Retired Executives)
You have the technical knowledge and SCORE could help with building the business side of your venture.

In the 1960’s I had a math teacher whose father had a large farm between Louisa and Paintsville Kentucky in Johnson county. She hired us poor kids every summer to plant pine and walnut seedlings. The area now is known as Piny Point. We planted over 30,000 pines and several hundred walnut seedlings. I understand her grandchildren had their college education paid for from the harvest of the most mature walnut trees.