Introducing myself

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomadicFoodie

Reaction score
Hi there, I am expecting to be unemployed / forced to “retire” soon from my $11 p hr retail job and am getting my ducks in a row. I have a lease on an apartment through next year, and I m pretty sure a high top van / van RV is what I need. It may take me a year to get my act together. Not gonna make an impulsive move! After the cost of putting a van together I will likely be living on $1,000 a month. Yikes! I know myself well enough that I will find it a challenge to make a go of remote online work. Im trying to get a side gig or two going online anyway, call center type stuff, all scammy leads so far. I’m female in my early 60’s, when I was younger I traveled a lot tenting, car camping and backpacking, and have been to every continent except Antarctica. I know I can do this full time but am afraid about the lack of money, and aging. I m in Philadelphia PA now. Bob, I feel like I have been living with you! ? I have engulfed your YouTube channel and every spare minute Im immersing in all things vanlife! Thank you for all you do, Thanks for listening!

I think it will be fine and you may be able to save a bit of the monthly income for the emergency fund. Do whatever it takes to become debt free ASAP, though.

Welcome N.F. to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Ah, somebody in my neck of the woods. The only state where we refer to it by it's initials, as in " I'm from PA." Never heard that anywhere else. But what do you expect from a place that celebrates a big rodent. :)
Another useless fact. I lived in Vegas for three years and only met one person who was actually originally from Vegas.

NomadicFoodie said:
I’m female in my early 60’s, when I was younger I traveled a lot tenting, car camping and backpacking, and have been to every continent except Antarctica. 

Antarctica called....they wonder what the hold-up is....why no visits?

Anyway, good luck to you and welcome to the next phase of life...doing what YOU want to do instead of what a 'boss' wants you to do.

tx2sturgis said:
Antarctica called....they wonder what the hold-up is....why no visits?
:D Lol, tell Antartica that I'm not visiting until they develop a cuisine of some kind where I'm not on the menu, and beyond raw fish I want them to keep their ice cap...

Welcome to the CRVL Forums    :)

I have a couple of sites below in my signature lines that may be of interest to you and anyone else who is on a tight budget.  

If you wish to work from your Van there are numerous opportunities for being a VA (virtual assistant).
Guru com is one such place and there are many others like it.

Guru com and more like it

Best sites to hire a virtual assistant

Latest posts