Introducing myself

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 36468

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm glad to have found this site. My wife and I live in Florida and are considering going on the road again. We owned a couple of Class B+ before 2020, but we want to go smaller now. I'm looking forward to learning from the experiences and knowledge before we commit to having a custom-made van. We have a Transit 350T in order with no visible future delivery time.
Best regards.

Having owned and traveled before you have a pretty good idea of your needs. But maybe a solar setup is going to be a new thing for your next phase of travels.

Welcome to the forum. I just returned from a trip around FL. Start thinking about your needs and what you would like your van to look like. I advise you to keep it simple, but of course that is up to you.

Been doing homesteading since retiring from underground mining and now want to dip my feet into van living. I bought a 2004 E-250 converted high top (former bus of some sort) that has a couple of deep cycle batteries with a 5000w inverter. Can be charged with 2 solar panels, engine, and outside port. A too big stationary bed that I want to change to a fold up. As of now that's pretty much it. Wanna check to see what it has for insulation and look into getting an awning for it.

Welcome rockloper....feel free to open new threads in the appropriate forums and ask questions...lots of members here will help out if they can.

Welcome, and good luck. I have an older class C, 1988, 27-footer. It's comfortable for me full-time. If you and your better half (never know, she might be looking over your shoulder, wink) are comfortable in a B, then what you have sounds perfect. So I guess the question is, how complete does it have to be before she is willing to live in it? As you've probably already concluded, I've been married a time or two, and I know who's the boss. :cool:

Hi all. I'm glad to have found this site. My wife and I live in Florida and are considering going on the road again. We owned a couple of Class B+ before 2020, but we want to go smaller now. I'm looking forward to learning from the experiences and knowledge before we commit to having a custom-made van. We have a Transit 350T in order with no visible future delivery time.
Best regards.
Welcome. I wish you anrd your wife many happy miles of safe travels.