Professional van insulation?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganchanRV

Reaction score
I'm coming to accept the fact that I may need to buy a "naked" cargo van instead of a semi-insulated passenger van if I want to keep my options open. But I've also heard that if I don't insulate such a van, condensation will be raining down on my head every morning. (That statement may be climate-dependent: For what it's worth, I'll be vandwelling in central New Mexico most or all of the year.) I know it costs a lot more to have someone else do the installation, but I really don't want to mess with it myself. So...where would I look for the right kind of contractor to do this sort of work?

High praise for the vote of confidence..................Thank You !

I'm a NOMAD.........It's warming here in Quartzsite......we'll soon head North to the Lake Havasu City area........Then on to Pahrump

A project like this for a Nomad depends on "Easy Frequent Access" to a Home Depot for the oversized materials as well as a suitable location for the work (BLM)...............AND TIME ! The time is not lengthily but would require You to "camp" in the unfinished van during construction. Both of these locations could provide a suitable Build opportunity.

And a build has a natural progression .............thoughts of Solar and Ventilation need to be addressed before sealing off the interior ceiling............Plans for bed location.........and basic design noodled out while the "studs" are still visible

That's a start.......................

I'm coming to accept the fact that I may need to buy a "naked" cargo van instead of a semi-insulated passenger van if I want to keep my options open. But I've also heard that if I don't insulate such a van, condensation will be raining down on my head every morning. (That statement may be climate-dependent: For what it's worth, I'll be vandwelling in central New Mexico most or all of the year.) I know it costs a lot more to have someone else do the installation, but I really don't want to mess with it myself. So...where would I look for the right kind of contractor to do this sort of work?
Getting someone to do the actual physical labor is not too difficult, just begin asking for references for reliable handy persons where you live. Good workers are in lots of places. Finding someone with specific experience can he gotten around if you can take measurements and order materials. Also study up on the subject and learn how it needs to be done. Then you can supervise and inspect the work and get it all accomplished without traveling to a Van build company.