Interesting Recipe Source

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacqueg

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a person who loves to eat, but I really have no patience for cooking. I want the best pad thai in town, made with approximately three ingredients, ready in five minutes - and I HATE pre-packaged dehydrated meals. (Mountain House, looking at you...)

As you might imagine, I am frequently disappointed in my own cooking. I make about five things I positively like, but I do get a bit bored of them.

Just found this site, oriented toward backpackers - https://montyboca.com/

Haven't tried anything yet, but I'm sure going to.

Hmmmmmmmm..........After viewing one recipe ....I'm now redirected to the BUY ME page

When I read that one recipe for Garlic/Chicken/Rice.....It calls for 9. oz of "packaged chicken"......What's that?

I assume canned chicken - or maybe they have started selling chicken in those packs, as they're doing with tuna?

Or you could just add some chicken you've cooked. I'm sure no one will mind...

I wont be looking there. It sounded cool but as soon as I landed on their page an ad popped up $2 donated for every cookbook sold. Shop now. Then the X disappeared to close the ad. So my options were buy now or GTFO. I chose the latter.

abnorm said:
Hmmmmmmmm..........After viewing one recipe ....I'm now redirected to the BUY ME page

When I read that one recipe for Garlic/Chicken/Rice.....It calls for 9. oz of "packaged chicken"......What's that?

I've seen little packs of already cooked chicken in meat departments in grocery stores.  Chunks, slices.  Usually enough for two people or two meals.  I'm about to head to town and have to go to the store, I'll look into it.