Interesting Conversion

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was anywhere near the PNW I'd be going to look at that.

When I was looking for a 4x4 van, I looked at discovery suv's as a possibility, but for their size they get horrible mpg. Likely better off with a jeep Comanche or a 4x4 suburban or something similar.

I see that it's a 4x4, and yet, he sais that it's never been off-road. Why on earth would you buy a 4x4 Land Rover and not plan to drive it off-road???

Sounds like he may be ready for a van!! :p

neat little set-up though.

Patrick46 said:
I see that it's a 4x4, and yet, he sais that it's never been off-road. Why on earth would you buy a 4x4 Land Rover and not plan to drive it off-road???

In some parts of the country, people buy em just to get around in the winter.

Can't see why anyone would do that in the PNW, though. You people don't get real winters there.

Regards
John

Optimistic Paranoid said:
Can't see why anyone would do that in the PNW, though. You people don't get real winters there.

Really?? Wanna bet??

This ad is from Ashland, which is right at the base of the Siskiyou mountain range.
Altho this was a very light year for snow, it can get pretty dang gnarley up there!!!

What is this winter of which you speak?

I live in Southern California. We get four seasons here: Fire Season, Flood Season, Earthquake Season and Tourist Season.

Patrick46 said:

A status symbol.

Patrick you should see here in so kal. 4x4's that never see off road are very common and we don't need them in the winter. allot of, I got one mentality(status). you even see them lowered with 20 or 22 inch rims and low profile tires. go figure. highdesertranger

PastTense said:
A status symbol.

This, it's the same thing you see with these dudes that drive around with big 4x4 trucks with all kinda of brush guards and so forth and most of them probably haven't been off road.

I suspect my 2wd van has been more places off road than half of the 4x4 trucks you see on the road.

Uhh, that brings back memories. My 77' GMC 3500 SRW 4x4 looked like that except for the cargo top. I busted the main leaf of the springs on both sides from overloaded trips through mud bog roads trying to get back and forth from homes I repaired out in the sticks...

Veteran trucks like that usually work. No lowered 22's there... Serious mud grips on it for tires...

yeah that truck has seen more miles off road then 1,000 of these newer yuppie 4x4's around here. they like to call them expedition trucks and their paint isn't even scratched. lol. their expedition is to the mall. highdesertranger