INKBIRD

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abnorm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum...........I checked the site linked..........I almost hit "BUY NOW".....BUT

I wish you had an Indoor/OUTDOOR thermometer.........................what product am I missing ?

The issue I have with the digital indoor thermometers I looked at recently while shopping in several stores is they do not read temperatures below freezing. Pretty much useless for winter Van life when camping as almost everywhere in the continental USA can get temperatures lower than 32 degrees.

I do not think my interior space has gotten quite that low in winter as I have never had any sign of ice crystals in my water jugs. But for reliable winter time use for indoors in the winter I use a refrigerator thermometer as it will read temperatures below freezing. The rest of the year a standard indoor/outdoor unit works.

Last edited:
Lol!!! If you find someplace that doesn’t freeze by all means let me know!

Lol!!! If you find someplace that doesn’t freeze by all means let me
That place in the continental USA would be the town of Key West, Florida. The lowest recorded temperature at that location, since they started recording such things, was 41 degrees in the late 1800s.

Only takes a minute to find out that kind of stuff on days when I have a useable cell signal.

Welcome to the Forum...........I checked the site linked..........I almost hit "BUY NOW".....BUT

I wish you had an Indoor/OUTDOOR thermometer.........................what product am I missing ?
Thanks for your warm welcome, dear! In terms of your question, here we recommend as following:

1. You can buy our ITH-20R, a thermo-hygrometer, which includes ITH-20R-O and ITH-20R-I. ITH-20R-O is an outdoor transmitter that can measure the outdoor temperature in the range of -50~125℃ (-58~257°F), and send the measure data to ITH-20R-I, which is an indoor receiver with a measurement range of -20°C ~ 60°C (-4°F ~ 140°F). Here we attach the link for you.
https://inkbird.com/products/digital-hygrometer-ith-20r
2. If you only want to measure outdoor temperature, you can individually purchase an ITH-20R-O and our Wi-Fi Gateway IBS-M1, and then you can check the data through the INKBIRD APP on your phone after you connect these two facilities. Here we attach the link for you.
https://inkbird.com/products/digital-hygrometer-ith-20r?variant=41817443434672https://inkbird.com/products/wi-fi-gateway-ibs-m1
And thanks for your suggestions about the outdoor temperature measure for IBS-TH5, I have given your suggestion to our product department, which has received it and is making efforts to improve our product!😃

My current thermometer at home does both indoor and outdoor. It measures temps below freezing indoors but I don’t know how far. One feature I very much like is it shows the low and high for the current day…