I'm looking for jugs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilesport

Reaction score
I'm looking for jugs simular to plastic milk cartons with lids so
i can use them to heat water on stove , steel , copper?
I dont like using a pan. 
Maybe a big kettle , i'm trying to heat 1 gallon of water at a time.
What do you guys use?

Have you considered a stock pot with a spigot?
5 gal Stock Pot with Spigot
41nFBpFexdL._AA160_.jpg

Mobilesport said:
I dont like using a pan. 
What do you guys use?
howdy.........what they said...i like large metal coffee pots that can be used over a wood camp fire...sometimes you can find them at flea mkts./yard sales and new at wally worlld, tracter supply store, and camping/hunting/ fishing supply stores.     god luck and happy trails,       texas jaybird      :shy:

Stock pot
Teapot
Kettle
 coffee pot
Which would have a lid that screws on so i dont spill it?

Mobilesport said:
I'm looking for jugs

I am trying so hard to keep my mind out of the gutter and my fingers off the keyboard so I don't embarrass myself!

VJG1977 said:
Have you considered a stock pot with a spigot?
5 gal Stock Pot with Spigot

Boy that's nice! If you filled it 1/4 full and boiled it, fill 1/4 more with ambient temp water, you could get a nice shower from it. If you paint it black and leave it in the sun all day...

John

Konaexpress said:
Boy that's nice! If you filled it 1/4 full and boiled it, fill 1/4 more with ambient temp water, you could get a nice shower from it. If you paint it black and leave it in the sun all day...

John

Oh, I like this. My problem with this would be storage

gcal said:
Oh, I like this. My problem with this would be storage

Hmmmmm....yea, I bet that dad gum thing would be on the big side......

Could heat water in a one gal can and poor it into a vertical hanging piece of 3in pipe with a small 12v pump. Mix it the same way. Instant shower. Chuck the pipe on the roof while traveling or bolt it to the outside of your rig. Saw this on YouTube installed on a teardrop. Stupid thing works!

John

The camping style coffee pots and tea pots are a good choice...

coffee_and_tea_pot.jpg

Attachments

• coffee_and_tea_pot.jpg
    coffee_and_tea_pot.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 5
Mobilesport said:
I dont like using a pan. 
What do you guys use?

If space is at a premium as it is in my van, I choose to use my pan. All I have is a sauce pan and a fry pan and get along fine.

when I saw the tittle I thought oh boy, I like looking at jugs. then all I see are tea kettles and coffee pots. seriously a stock pot doesn't take up a lot of space if you can fill it with other stuff. highdesertranger

So in your original post and in a follow up comment, you are looking for something with a screw on lid so it does not spill? That is a tough one.

Consider that trying to screw a lid onto a very hot container might in itself be a challenge. If you tighten the lid before the water gets too hot, it will help it get hot quicker but then quickly become an explosion waiting to happen with no release valve.

You don't think something like the tea kettle with its fitted lid would be enough to keep it from sloshing out?

Now I'm curious... are you like taking the heated water on a hike over mountain terrain or something? LOL

god I saw the title and I was like a kid in a candy store thinking about jugs and I looked at the thread and all I see are tea pots coffee pots and stock pots LMAO