I won't be able to afford my house in 2 years!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or buy a pick-'em-up truck and put a fifth wheel attachment in the bed.

Addie said:
Lol! I have to save, I figure I'll have 8-10,000.00 to work with by the time I retire. Not sure about high top, extra length or make right now, but if my brother has to help out mechanically he prefers Chevy, GMC, Dodge.
you'll love the high tops if you want to stand up in it. on the other hand i'm sure people will say there not to stealthy

Well, I've been busy enjoying my new barn and trying to decide on the least expensive way to live out my retirement without the expense of a big house but with a van, a horse and 3 dogs!
So I've decided to get a cargo van and do the inside myself just the way I want it. My barn owner doesn't care if I'm parked there because she is a horse owner and knows the value of someone acting as a barn caretaker and being able to monitor the horses as often as possible. However, I don't want anyone to give her any grief should a nosey neighbor say anything. So Im going to be parked there 3 days on, one day out of there, then keep alternating. My next hurdle is finding a place to park overnight that isn't far from the barn. My daughter is only 20 minutes away so guess who's parking in their driveway overnight twice a week!