I think I just bought a bus!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypsy Clipper

Reaction score
I am shoring up some details but as far as I know I have upgraded from my 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette to a castle on wheels.
I look forward to getting on the road and heading out to meet all of my nomad heros in the flesh.
I will post more as the details shake out.
03f6ccbb291b329b0b16158652a663f2.jpg

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk

holy cow, you weren't kidding. that's a bus. congrats got anymore pics? highdesertranger

Gypsy Clipper said:
I am shoring up some details but as far as I know I have upgraded from my 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette to a castle on wheels.
I look forward to getting on the road and heading out to meet all of my nomad heros in the flesh.
I will post more as the details shake out.
NICE! Was that a former Greyhound? That would be good as they would have highway gearing.

WOW!

Now that's a roof I could fall in love with. lol

One thing to be aware of with any diesel pusher bus or motorhome, especially with tandem axles:

When operated on dirt roads for any length of time, they churn up a lot of dust into the radiator. I mean a LOT.

You should keep this in mind if you plan on any boondocking off pavement.

Anyone want to drive me to Colorado to pick up this beast? I will pay. I'm not planning on taking her that far off road.

I do not know if she ever was anything other than an RV. But I do know she's been totally remodeled and she has new tires.

Apparently she was a greyhound bus and according to her former owner she will scoot down the road.

That's great!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ride wanted...I'm in St. Louis. I can meet anyone within 150 miles of St. Louis. I will pay the gas.

Its got a full shower and a new water heater. We are getting solar panels put on before I get there. I can't wait to bring her to the RTR!.

Oh My! After seeing the interior, it's much nicer than I thought. :)

The former owner is only the second owner. I was wrong on it having been a greyhound.

It looks professionally converted....very nice.

I sure hope you can find a ride soon, and close by.

BTW that looks like a tag axle on the rear, it might also be a 'lift' axle...which makes sharp turns and dirt roads less of an issue.

I'm in love..I know they say not to fall in love with something that can't live you back but it's too late. I'm smitten.