I need your help.Laptop.Black fri/cyber mon

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ORANGE

Reaction score
Hey all,

Ihave an old tablet.  I have money to get a deal on a laptop around 350.  I want to watch dvd's, download videos and fill mp3 music on a portable player.  I know that most of you have a laptop.

I have never owned one.  PLease please please :heart: link me any deals you think I should buy this season.  I am not well versed regarding this 350 dollar laptop is not as good as this 300 etc.  So because this is a lot of money I am looking to you all to tell me that this one is a best buy I should get it.

Im doing this now because even amazon is doing black friday a week early starting today.  So I figure lots of companies are gonna do early deals too. And laptops and tvs are a common superbuy this time of the year.

I hope all of you have found somewhere warm.

Thank you

I dont care about physical dvds.  I care that I can download content to watch when I want though.  Guess I dont care about physical cds either.  If that makes it cheaper.  thanks

I own 6 latops, I buy all of them through craiglist or ebay, never paid more then 150. For a new laptop just make sure it has a built in dvd player since thats one of your use for it, many lowend laptops don't come with dvd player.

Something to look for is that the battery last a long time. All laptops will download movies,mp3, watch movies, even a cheap 100 dollar netbook. For years thats all I use a 60 dollar asus 10 inch netbook. Right now I just use a 12 inch hp 2170p, it has no dvd player but I have an external dvd drive but never use it.

I buy used DELL laptops on eBay, and never had a bad one.

I'm careful to buy one with good specs that wont' be slow though.

Found this list

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-laptop-deals Any of these under 400 specials to grab?

Thanks jonyjoe 303.
Im gonna say I really dont need the dvd/cd. I do need to download videos though. But you say even a netbook will do that. Im too scared to buy used on craigslist. Because of the cost if something goes wrong with it, it costs 70 bucks at repair shops just to take it in. Id like to buy, have it be safe from anything that is gonna cost repairs. Any deals you see on that list jonyjoe?

Riverman are those Dell like refurbished from the company or private seller selling their own?

Riverman I scrolled thru it and it says lithion ion battery included (battery is not guaranteed to hold a charge)

I want to buy brand new methinks.

I will say this.... after buying many used laptops, I've never had a bad battery.

I mostly use a Amazon Fire tablet with a custom ROM to do internet stuff and watch videos, paid $49 new. But it can't do everything, so bought a laptop. Refurbished Inspiron 11 for $79 that was actually brand new in the original packaging. No built in DVD player, but I have several externals. Windows 10, low power consumption and 4 GB of memory, small SSD hard drive. Installed Linux and a micro SD card for more storage and it is very snappy.

I will look at the Dell tonight.

I won't buy anything under a 2.60 processor, but I like fast.

Note: Windows 7 is being phased out, no more updates in just a few months from now.

Depends on your needs. But a 14" IPS Chromebook may do the trick (Acer Refurbished). Or the iPad that will be $249 on black friday. Add a keyboard and case. Or a laptop from Dell Outlet (business or home store). Not sure what your needs are.