I finally have a video of my FBI conversion van (part 2)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giggles

Reaction score
Here you go:

Sorry it took me a while....but I finished it.

Way to go Giggles!!

Can definitely hear the excitement and pride in your voice.
Pretty darn exciting to finally reach the near end... as it never quite ends.

Have you spent a night or two yet inside?... Do you have thick window coverings.. I had a rig with the windows uncovered til I spent one night in it and experienced first hand how much cold came in during the night and heat in the day. I ended up covering them entirely with polyiso,luan, and fabric.

Wishing you safe travels... keep sharing your adventure.

Congrats on the build. But as you mentioned it’s never really done. After you travel and live in it a while you’ll find things to improve. But you made a great start have fun with it. Not everyone who wanders is lost.

desert_sailing said:
Way to go Giggles!!

Can definitely hear the excitement and pride in your voice.
Pretty darn exciting to finally reach the near end... as it never quite ends.

Have you spent a night or two yet inside?... Do you have thick window coverings.. I had a rig with the windows uncovered til I spent one night in it and experienced first hand how much cold came in during the night and heat in the day.  I ended up covering them entirely with polyiso,luan, and fabric.

Wishing you safe travels... keep sharing your adventure.

thanks! Yes, I have actually been on several camping trips this summer so far. Then I broke my foot, and so I haven't been able to send as much time on the road as I wanted. I just got my boot off my foot a few weeks ago, but it still hurts, and my doc says he thinks there is a second fracture, so it looks like I'm going to have to wait a few more weeks (or months) to get back on the road. Ack!

That's very nice. I love the rope idea. Looks cool and it's functional. Man, I would so try and fix the periscope. LOL

I made one of those A/C units also........I fill and freeze water bottles that way I can re-use them.

I just watched both of the videos for your Van, Goodness you put a lot of work into build.

I just loved your rope idea!!! I am going to steal that idea for my hubby’s Promaster lol.