I finally gave my landlord notice!!!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheli

Reaction score
I did it, I finally did it!!!!!  I gave my landlord notice today and I will be out of my house by the end of the month.  At that point I will be moving in with my sister, rent free, to save all my income and hopefully will have a vehicle by the first of the year.  Woo hoo!!!!!!  Plans are finally moving along.

I'm so excited!!!!!

Good for you!! Always feels great to take a forward step.

Yay for Cheri! You are on your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Queen said:
Good for you!!  Always feels great to take a forward step.

Yes it does, especially since this step of getting rid of everything and getting out of my apartment to start saving money has felt like FOREVER!!!!!!  I am beyond excited, and now it's hitting me that it's really happening.  :)

He texted me this morning and said he got my letter and that he's sad but happy for me. We texted for about a half hour and he said I better keep in touch, such a great guy.

Cheli said:
Yes it does, especially since this step of getting rid of everything and getting out of my apartment to start saving money has felt like FOREVER!!!!!!  I am beyond excited, and now it's hitting me that it's really happening.  :)

I feel you, we're only two months out from huge changes, but it feels like it's taking forever!!

I have only my house on wheels after the 4th...no sticks and bricks after that. Of course I am only moving about 300 yards down the road to a friend's place for 6 weeks before heading south, but I'm going to miss the coolness of the basement living area more than anything. I've already been sleeping in the camper for almost a week at this point since all stuff has been sold. Sounds like you have an awesome sister to spend the next few months with!

:) Congrats Cheli,  I wondered what you'd been up to lately!

Jewellann

Wow...congrats! I am still two months from hitting the road. Can't come soon enough.

So, now everything else in your plan can start moving forward. The time will go so quickly...then on to the build!

tx2sturgis said:
Wait, is there such a thing as a 'non-house-warming' party?

Any excuse for a party works with me.  :)

DuneElliot said:
Sounds like you have an awesome sister to spend the next few months with!

I have an amazing support system between my sister and two other friends who have said I can stay there as well at any time if needed.  None of them think I'm crazy for wanting this, I'm so blessed.

Txjaybird said:
Congrats Cheli,  I wondered what you'd been up to lately!

I've been around, super crazy busy but plugging away to get on the road.  :)  I can't wait!!!!!!!

VanKitten said:
Wow...congrats!   I am still two months from hitting the road.   Can't come soon enough.

So, now everything else in your plan can start moving forward.   The time will go so quickly...then on to the build!

Yes, now on to the exciting part of all this.  Save save save then buy then build then start rolling!  hahaha

Congrats!!! That's so cool.  Wish I'd just moved into the van instead of moving in an apartment (again). Always second guessing myself.

So exciting!!!!!

And RV-Hopeful don't worry you'll get there, don't second guess yourself. :)

That is awesome. Taking that first step can be the hardest, good luck going forward.

Cheli said:
. . . this step of getting rid of everything . . .

DuneElliot said:
. . . all stuff has been sold.

Congrats to both of you. I am curious about your processes for selling everything you own. How did you do it? Little by little over a long period or a garage/tag sale? Craigslist? Local ads? eBay? Friends? Any advice to share? I need to start my downsizing project and am somewhat overwhelmed by the prospect.