I feel like I've found my people!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShesJustJodi

Reaction score
Hello! I am Jodi from Central Florida. I am currently researching for my RV life and I feel like I have found the right forum. Throughout my research I have been adamant about a small vehicle for myself and my mini corgi. I finally found a wonderful site where I met some wonderful, sharing people. I even met one of them in person at Lazy Days in Seffner, FL. Alas, the one thing they don't seem to understand is that my RV obsession is about FREEDOM. Not how big a rig I can afford, or making it identical to the sticks and bricks I've never owned. My RV Life is all about being self-contained and ready to move on a moments notice, following my dreams wherever they will lead....<br><br>So, through a series of link following, I landed here. I read several threads, and found out that what I am looking at is closer to a mansion on this forum. LOL Wow! What a difference!<br><br>I look forward to meeting all of you!<br><br>Jodi (and Annie)

Welcome, Jodi and Annie! Sounds like you've definitely come to the right place. Lots of good information and good people here. I'm still looking and dreaming myself, hoping to get my van and hit the road in May. Good luck in your search for a home on wheels!

Welcome Jodi and Annie...glad to have you with us....best of luck in moving forward...<br>Bri

Welcome Jodi and Annie! I'm so happy for you! I'm very new here myself and am so glad to read about your decision! There seem to be a lot of really nice people here!

Welcome Jodi.<br><br>I know how you feel.&nbsp; DW and I wanted to keep small and mobile in our RV choice, which seemed to go against the grain of most forums about RV living.&nbsp; We almost succumbed and bought something larger, but came to our senses at the last moment.<br><br>Lots of good info here.

Welcome Jodi and Anne! It really is all about what works for you. We're on the mini-mansion end with our 25' class C ;-) but it gives us the freedom to travel anywhere plus the every day comforts that we want.

What a nice friendly welcome! <br><br>I am in love with the Coachmen Freelander 19cb. It it 21'6". People on another forum were all about telling me I needed more room. I don't understand how they could know my needs more than I? Annie is a 15 lb full grown miniature Pembroke Corgi. She has lived indoors her whole life, only being walked on a leash except for visits to my mother's giant yard. Sure, I thought about how a 27' could provide running room for her, but I have always been about my animals living MY life, not vice versa.<br><br>I was searching hi and low to find people who full time in an RV under 26", and this is the first place I could find.<br><br>Here is what I am looking at:<br><br>http://www.coachmenrv.com/products/freelander.aspx?page=floorplandetailsmh&amp;floorplanid=307<br><br>My first choice was the Thor 23U:<br><br>http://chateau-rv.com/floorplans.php<br><br>But smaller is more convenient for the kind of life I want. Still researching...<br><br><br><br><br>

Hi Jodi, I'm sooooo glad you found us!!<br><br>Just to play devils advocate let me go to the oppsoite end and suggest you consider going even smaller! A Class B might be perfect for you! Since you are confident you can live in a smaller space you might appreciate the huge jump in mpg you can get in a Class B! Getting 14-18 mpg is well within reason with a B and yet you still get all the comforts of home. I actually prefer the small size of a B and they are so much more pleasant to drive for when you have to be in towns and cities.<br><br>Might be something for you to check out!<br>Bob

Bob, I have to admit, this forum is really selling me on Class B's! I saw some newer ones at the Tampa RV show last month that were just a little bit wider than those skinny minis, and I really liked them! Feel free to keep advising me!

Hello, I' am Hans fromnthe Netherlands. The reason I joined this ' club' is that I' m about to buy a rare motorhome , a Winnebago itasca Phasar ,imported from
California in Europe. i like the model ( 1985) very much ,but there is one problem: I do not have a owners manual, and The guy who 's goining to sell it to me does not anything about the motorhome! So is there anyone who can help me, par example with a digital version if its exists? Greetings.

<A href="http://bentfalcon.wordpress.com/gyrfalcon-interior-photos/" rel=nofollow><BR><BR><BR>http://bentfalcon.wordpress.com/gyrfalcon-interior-photos/</A><BR><BR>Don't feel you MUST have a newer unit: they are much more expensive and, to us, seemed cramped.<BR><BR>Above is our old Class B. We loved it, but it lacked the ability to provide a bit of space even the most loving married couple occasionly needs.&nbsp; Fantastic for a long term solo traveller, though.&nbsp; After about three weeks on the road, we would&nbsp;feel the need for something slightly larger.<BR><BR>We've never found a newer Class B we liked as well as the GyrFalcon (nickname).&nbsp; They seemed more stuffed with things, and less comfortable.

Hi Jodi and Annie,<BR>&nbsp;Welcome to this great forum. As you know I'm new aswell. Your spot on with the RV industry worldwide, everyone wants big. <BR>I figure the bigger it is the less it moves! Keep it simple and it will treat you well. I like the B class too, the old C class motorhomes a real wind catcher, with a headwind you felt like you had a boat anchor outback, not to mention fuel economy.<BR><BR>Geoff<BR>PS. Shes a cute little corgi.

Hi Jodi and Annie,<br><br>Welcome to the group.&nbsp; We are some of the happiest people you will ever meet!<br><br>Brad aka "Van Trekker"

Thank you again for the warm welcome! I have started jumping in all over the place and also private messaging a few hellos. This group is every bit as wonderful as I suspected when I first found you. I am so happy to find a place where unconventional is as normal as the sun rising every day. Yay!!!

Jodi and Annie,<br><br>I said the same thing when I found this group!&nbsp; <br><br>You probably won't regret going small.&nbsp; I have a 19 ft. Roadtrek and I would never want anything bigger.&nbsp; I just got back from a 7-week trip (to the Rubber Tramp Rendevous)&nbsp;and I know now I could full-time in it if I wanted.&nbsp; <br><br>I was concerned at first that it might be too small, but it gets larger the more I use it!&nbsp; Soon after I got it, I took my first long trip down to FL.&nbsp; I ended up driving through the city center of Tallahassee, right by the state capitol.&nbsp; I was zipping in and out of traffic like I was in a sports car.&nbsp; That was the moment I knew I had made the right decision.<br><br>Welcome to the group!&nbsp; You'll get lots of good info here.<br><br>